Neighbor personality change.

Remember the neighbor who smoked pot and drank constantly, let her kids run wild and would just let her dog out to run around on our property and in the street? We learned early on that she could not be spoken to. She mostly just walked away when approached and when we knocked on the door to talk to her, she retained very little and told everyone that we hated her. In spite of this, we persisted with the husband who acted clueless, telling him that the kids were not to use our driveway which has limited visibility in part because of their bushes (they would just pop out without looking) and because it's on a hill. We returned the dog over thirty times before calling the animal control officer which made her even more angry. She started throwing things into our driveway in the past year, including plants that she had ripped out of her yard, clippings, empty soil bags, you name it. They even challenged our property rights to our own driveway and one of the people they hired blocked the driveway half an hour before my mother in law passed so we couldn't get out. The guy went on and on about how we were just having a "property dispute" and refused to leave. I can't even tell you how upsetting that was.

Clearly the woman had problems and the husband blindly backed her up. Her mom came over once and was just like her so I get where the issues started. Fortunately, she mostly lived in the house and barely came outside. In any event, between looking out for her kids and dogs when her husband wasn't around and she just did whatever she pleased, we had an entirely new experience the other day.

My husband was walking up the driveway, her husband waved and said hello and then the unexpected happened. She waved, said hello, asked my husband how he was and said she hadn't seen him in a while.

Just like a normal person!! We are stunned. We are amazed!

We also find it very coincidental that pot went on retail sale for recreational use in our state last week. The store which opened offers many strains and experts to tell you what is best for the individual. So she's probably not getting the cruddy stuff from a street dealer anymore.

Maybe we're wrong but I don't think so. Let's hope it sticks.

I hope so too. Maybe she was stoned or maybe she said hi because her husband said hi but civil would be nice

We have an "odd" neighbor but nothing like what you are dealing with. She is the wife of our "super" neighbor, the man who "sneaks" over and clears our driveway and sidewalks of snow, mows the front yard if he knows there is some reason we can't, etc., etc. He is so sweet and talkative. His wife, not at all. Not that she's not nice, she just does not speak. Several times if they are both out, he will prompt her to say hello. They have a lovely son, 5 years old now, who calls me Auntie and always wants to chat, wants to pet the dogs. Guess she is just the silent type.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos