Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vacation anxiety

So glad the board is back. Who else can understand labby vacation anxiety? We take Macy to my sisters for a week on Friday because we are going on a cruise. Last year at vacation time, I had huge anxiety because it was the first time I had left her. Macy, of course, had a great time.
    Although I hate leaving her, I am lucky we have a place for her to go to receive the spoiled dog attention she is used to.

Enjoy your vacation!

Have fun....we leave tomorrow for our annual road trip....with the boys. I too used to share your vacation anxiety without them. I'm sure Macy will have a blast....especially since she is staying with family.

I hate going on vacation for this reason. I'm actually driving from St. Louis to WI with all three dogs to stay at my SILs for a week. We are going up there to visit and I didn't want to leave them behind, lol.

Sounds like Macy has fun at your sister's though! Have her send you a few pictures every day

I do think us owners are more anxious than our pets. Lol. Patch is staying at moms and dads this weekend because she wouldn't be to in to this boating and crowd business. I miss her dearly and just hope dads not feeding her extra or table scraps like he tends to do. I've got her down to 20 pounds from the 24 that she had been. She looks great and feels great.
    "The dog was created specially for children, he is the God of frolic"
    -Henry Ward Beecher
    Hidden Content

Think of it this way, it's a vacation for Macy too! You're lucky to have your sister taking care of her, knowing she is in good hands. And Macy knows your sister and will be comfortable.

Go and have a great vacation.

Nope, not me, not at all. Are you kidding? We went a few days to Santa Barbara,CA then down to my son's house and left Opie at home and my other son watched him and the chihuahuas. He sent daily vids to me on the cells. Ruined my time to leave Opie home so we have a new policy, "more than a day, the dogs don't stay" (at home that is)

We kenneled Mocha with his Vet. He loves it there and they love him. He spends time at reception sometimes.
    Enjoy your vacation.

I know we all worry about our dogs when we're gone on vacation, but anyone who has relatives to leave them with is truly fortunate. Sometimes my son is able to take care of my dogs and other times they have to go to a kennel. I always feel better when I know they are in a home environment. Dogs seem to handle this all better than we humans do.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos