Lost on delivery.

My husband traveled a lot this last year so we cashed in all of his rewards points for equipment for new projects. He got his 3D printer and supplies and I picked up some woodworking equipment.

Every single piece had to be reordered because it never made it. I don't mean that someone stole it off our porch. I mean that the tracking system from two delivery services stated that the packages had been "lost".

We finally got the printer and the lathe but are still waiting on the drill press. Neither were repackaged so it was clear what they were. Whoever grabbed them during the delivery process were bold!

Senior Dog
    UPS "lost" a desk once...never made it from one of their buildings on to the next truck.

Amazon has reported "damaged" packages many times....some are returned to them and a lot are delivered to me, just a bit delayed and definitely NOT damaged. What???

Amazon, postal, and LaserShip have all obviously either mis-delivered my packages or had them "go missing" after they were put on a truck for delivery to me. Many, many, times. At least Amazon now has that picture-taking responsibility for their drivers....if they bother to take the time to whip out their cameras and not just lie and say they gave the package directly to a resident. Quite a few times, I've looked at the tracking and seen a picture of someone else's door. Luckily, I've recognized the doors each time. So far. (We now have our house number showing three ways up by our mailbox...on the box, on a security sign, and on a free-standing plaque that we bought specifically for this kind of thing just a few months ago. It hasn't always helped. And LaserShip must have thought my next door neighbor was living in our garage yesterday...that's where we found her package.

FedEx and DHL remain flawless (except for the one time, years ago, that a FedEx person scanned in that my address couldn't be found....it had gotten to be late on a Friday night and I figured the driver had a hot date to get to...we've been here for 35 years now and this was only about 5 - 10 years ago).

Actually, UPS lost something just a few months ago....investigation yielded nothing....oh, yeah...it was a box of something heavy from Walmart.

Two people in my small village never received items ordered from Amazon.ca. Both were told the items had been delivered. Both have community postal boxes. Both items were watch bands, so small boxes. Small boxes that might look like jewelery?
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    Two people in my small village never received items ordered from Amazon.ca. Both were told the items had been delivered. Both have community postal boxes. Both items were watch bands, so small boxes. Small boxes that might look like jewelery?
    Oh, yeah....don't get me started on how many small boxes the USPS lost back when I was buying rocks for my collection or jewelry. Small, vulnerable, boxes...fit nicely in pockets, no doubt.

We generally do not have issues with any delivery company. Fed Ex did deliver a package just before Christmas, a shirt that Talbots had sent in one of those plastic envelope mailers, that looked like someone had ripped it open and shoved the shirt back into the package without any attempt to tape it up. The plastic mailing envelope was torn near one end on both the front and back, the corners were still attached but looked chewed up. Another shirt was dispatched that came in a gift box inside another ridiculously large box. Then one Wednesday before Thanksgiving a few years ago Amazon failed to deliver a chef's knife to a beach house, saying there was no such address. Yeah, there is, we're in it, and we'd gotten packages from Amazon there before so I figured it was just someone who wanted to go on home to be with family for TG. But that's only 2 delivery issues in the gazillion or so I feel like I order, so not so bad.

Real Retriever
    We recently had a couple of pillows go missing from Amazon. The driver claimed to have delivered them on a Wednesday night at eight. We were home, no delivery, no pillows. Also, the driver had signed for them, so we figured that something shady was going on. Luckily a call to customer service got us the two pillows ordered, plus two extra!

I had 2 items I ordered as presents lost in delivery this year. They issued full refunds for them as well. Oddly though, they were delivered to me and I had them. So I am not sure where or how they got lost in delivery. I did call the places and told them I did recieve them, they just asked if I wanted to reorder the item.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos