Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doing weird things in your sleep

Anyone do weird things in your sleep? Jake is a big sleep talker, and I can have full conversations with him while he's asleep.

I usually dont do much, but the last few nights I have been doing some weird things. 2 nights ago Jake awoke to me screaming and flailing. He held me down and calmed me (I remember none of this). Last Night I woke up at about 2 AM pouring my orange juice I had next to the bed all over myself and the bed. I screamed to Jake to have him help me rip off the bedding before it ruined the mattress. I then got to do laundry very early this morning. Weird stuff.

Before anyone asks, I have NOT taken any sleeping pills, or different medications. Apparently my dreams have been quite vivid lately.....
    Last edited by BaconsMom; 07-10-2014 at 12:03 PM.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Senior Dog
    Have you been under a lot of stress lately? You have been worrying about Bacon and his "dry heaves". I used to sleep walk when I was younger, but that had to do with being in a stressful household brought on by parents. They would rather say I was weird than actually look into the root of the problem. Haven slept walk since leaving that stressful household. Even losing our son did not bring it on.

Find out what stress it is, talk to your husband and maybe these episodes will cease? Don't think medication is needed either.

KAZ

For sure been really stressed. Work is being stressful plus Bacon's stomach issues, I have been on edge.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Senior Dog
    I sometimes have what I think is sleep paralysis. My mind is awake, but the body isn't yet. Often have a feeling of something/someone trying to catch me, or hurt me and I can't move to escape. I try to scream, but it just comes out as a moan. Andrew can wake me up. Once I'm awake I can feel my heart racing and have a general feeling of unease, which gradually goes away. Doesn't happen to often, maybe a few times a year.

Used to sleep walk as a kid. It was really weird.

One thing that may help is to talk out your stressors. Talk them out, get them out on the table. You can even write them down. After you do this, commit them to that place. Thus you go to bed and the stresses are in another place to be handled later.

I have dreams where I know I'm in a dream, but I can't wake up. Bad things are happening to me and I know that all I have to do is wake up, but I can't. I try to open my eyes, flail my arms, jump, scream (all in the dream), but none of it happens in reality. Then, in the dream, I wake up, but then I realized I'm still not awake and continue to try to wake up. It's all very bizarre and scary. When I try something that works (tell myself to open my eyes wide), it doesn't work in the next dream. When I do finally wake up, I get up and walk around. If I go back to sleep too soon, it all happens again. I'm glad it doesn't happen to often, but when it does, that scary helpless feeling stays with me for a long time.

I'm a lucid dreamer, so I can relate with weird sleep stuff! However, it sounds like you are stressed. When I am very (death, divorce, illness type stuff) stressed I gave realistic dreams about my teeth falling out. Try getting in extra walks, exercise if you can, eating right, and spending relaxed time with loved ones. That's always helped me.

Lol! Never personally myself but my sister tells us a new one on my brother-in-law on almost a weekly basis.

This morning the story was that she shook him last night and said "babe, you're snoring" to which he replied "I have nowhere else to put it!"
    Shiloh 12/24/12
    Hidden Content

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconsMom View Post
    For sure been really stressed. Work is being stressful plus Bacon's stomach issues, I have been on edge.
    Yep sounds like a bit of stress. Work is always stressful and I can handle that, but when home is stressful too, than that really pushes the envelope. Definitely talk it out with your husband. Can't help the stress at work, but it does feel good to know someone you love knows that you are going through a very hard time.

I thought that my sleep walking would occur after I lost my Son, but only sleeplessness. I guess I was so hoping that dreams of him would come to life, but alas, nothing.

Funny thing, reading others posts, remember a kid I went to high school with who sleep walked. His older brother would love to let him loose outside to walk the streets. Thought it was a big fun time. Strange what siblings will do to one another to get a good laugh. Luckily his sister would go after him and bring him home before he got hurt.

Pop-top, you were considered weird? Shame, as it's not being weird, I always thought is having a very active mind that won't shut off when sleeping?

KAZ

I am a horrible sleeper but my sleep problems relate to my neurological issues. I laugh, talk, scream... just all kinds of wacky things. I feel bad for my DH but fortunately he doesn't remember my antics must mornings. My neurologist told me to take melatonin (3 mg tablets). You can get it at the drug store. It's all natural. I started with 1 tablet, one hour before bedtime. That wasn't helping a whole lot so I bumped it up to two tablets. Most nights the two tablets help me sleep so much better. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she said I could play with the dosage from night to night just don't exceed four tablets (12 mgs). Sleep issues are rough. I get so grouchy when I don't get enough good sleep. I hope whatever's causing your sleep disturbances resolves soon.
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos