Thread: musical stomach

musical stomach

We feed Jessie a raw food diet that comes ready mixed & frozen. We were giving her beef dinners & then switching to turkey for variety about every week or two. I noticed that a day or two after she went on to the beef, her stomach would start these weird noises, not gurgling but like squeaking & high pitched questions.....really quite comical. She eats twice a day, about 8 a.m. & then 5 p.m. The noises always start about 5 - 6:00 in the mornings. She wakes us up & insists on rushing outside to eat grass. So we decided it was the beef & we have been keeping her strictly on turkey. BTW, we try to keep her on the lowest fat protein we can, so turkey or beef here in Canada seem to be the leanest....no kangaroo available, lol.
    Now, she has had two mornings of noisy gut. Occasionally, I will get up & give her a couple of biscuits & that sometimes quiets her tummy. But not always.
    Anyone had this experience? Any thoughts?

House Broken
    Our Lab does the same thing! It began when we started feeding raw. He does it when his stomach is empty. Ours eat 5am and 5pm. If we are late feeding him or just off schedule his stomach will really gurgle and growl. He will also eat grass. Sometimes he will throw up bile right before he's fed. He watches us making his meal and the digestive juices start up with his empty stomach and he throws up. I think their bodies better metabolize the raw food so they can end up with a really empty stomach sometimes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shelly For This Useful Post:

Lainie (07-10-2014)

I commented on your probiotic post, I think it is just empty stomatch noises....her stomach is growling. I feed raw as well, and it digests much faster than kibble. Depending on what I have fed the night before, sometimes Tux will wake up with a noisy stomach.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shellbell For This Useful Post:

Lainie (07-10-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos