Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raised Cots

Raised Cots

I'm thinking of getting a few of these. Montana & Dakota are both 10. I'm looking for something to keep them off the hard floor, how can that be comfortable?? How are these cots?? Who uses them & do your dogs love em or hate em?

Bacon loves his coolaroo cot!!! we got a size large. He actually has been preferring it over the couch and his regular bed
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

We have the Coolaroo beds too. Great price on Chewy. We have 3 of them, we keep them outside so the dogs don't have to lay on the concrete. Of the 3 only 1 has had issues, some how or another one of the dogs managed to bend one of the screws, easy fix though just bought another screw and put it back on.
    Katie and Kain
    Hidden Content

I saw this video on how to make your own and I want to but I just have to get supplies. Let me see if I can find it again
    Hidden Content
    Herding Hanson the Handsome~born 11/28/2018
    Hammer Head Shark~forever in my heart 1/13/2011-4/30/2018
    Hidden Content

so they're pretty easy for the dogs to get onto? Like it has to be easier than laying down and getting up from the floor...or jumping up on the beds...just looking for something easier for them

Quote Originally Posted by MontananDakota View Post
    so they're pretty easy for the dogs to get onto? Like it has to be easier than laying down and getting up from the floor...or jumping up on the beds...just looking for something easier for them
    Yes. Bacon effortlessly gets on and off of it. Would be perfect for your pups
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Mine use theirs but prefer the foam bed, floor, or sofa most of the time. I was hoping it would be a cooler place to lie down in the hot weather for them. They only use it if I put some type of bedding on top of it so I don't think it ends up being any cooler.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

I have 2 kuranda beds to use in the bedroom. All the seniors used them without a problem. One problem for me, I heard every time they moved on the fabric. If you're using them outside or not trying to go to sleep, they are perfect. There are several sites that show how to make your own if you want.

I have one Kuranda bed with the ballistic material and I agree with Fran that it can be a little noisy. We have a coolaroo bed also and it doesn't seem noisy but the fabric has more give to it and, while my pups haven't put any holes in it, it seems less sturdy than the Kuranda fabric. The whole coolaroo bed is less sturdy than the Kuranda, but also less expensive. My dogs will lie on either one. They're not in the same place so I can't say which they prefer.

To make the Kuranda bed less noisy and less slippery, which it can be also because the fabric is held so tight, I use either a latex backed bathroom type rug or a foam bed on top of the Kuranda bed. Chase doesn't seem to like it without a rug or bed on it. My dogs take turns on it during the day and Chase sleeps there when Lark is in her crate.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

I should have mentioned that mine is a Kuranda. It is very well made and holds up to the dogs jumping on it, launching off of it, and just standing on it for a higher perspective to look out the window.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos