Puppy

Bringing Pup on Family Vacation- Inlaws are not dog people!

I really need some advice on taking my dog on our family vacation to the beach. My inlaws are not dog people but we are determined to bring him. They need to learn to be around each other and i know he will have a great time at the beach, on the bay, and other adventures we have for planned for us. Im really just worried how he will do in the house. He is almost 2 years old, 80 pounds and STRONG and he thinks he is a small lap dog. Its not a very large house and he is still a very hyper puppy. He is a leaner and leans against people when he is excited which does not work well with my mother in law with a replaced knee and my grandmother in law who is very old and my 1 year old niece. He loves loves loves people so gets very excited and can sometimes be hard to calm down. we are going to have a lot of new toys and bones and im hoping that he will be tired enough from our activities to sleep most of the time. Any one have any advice about how to calm him down if he does get rowdy? Im 7 month pregnant so that also adds to my stress as its can be harder to keep up with him.

The main thing im worried about is putting him in his crate when my husband and i are not there. He does well when everyone is gone but not everyone is going to be gone at the same time. He will be downstairs in his crate when my husband and i are gone but you can still hear everyone very well in the house. If he knows people are still at the house he will bark continuously. He doesnt like to be left out of the fun, but sometimes acts so nuts that its very hard to calm him down. He has done it before and dont know what to do about it.

Anybody have any advice??! Or just words of encouragement? I know he will have a great time and so will we but im still really stressing about how my inlaws will react. I dont want anyone to hate my sweet baby boy.

House Broken
    I have two ideas. One, which works with one of my dogs, is to put the crate in the room where everyone is hanging out. She is happy being able to lay there and see everyone, get talked to, etc. My other dog is the opposite. She prefers for her crate to be covered. She's fine with hearing people around the house, but she stays quiet if she can't see them.

You have 2 threads on this topic, which sometimes happens, but I responded in the other thread, in case you're looking.

responded in your other thread. maybe a moderator will merge the two for you.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos