Being More, Doing Less

Being More, Doing Less | The Cognitive Canine

Every competition dog and every pet dog needs a change of pace: going on a hike and swim during the cool part of a summer day, sitting on the hillside watching the bunnies in the meadow with a special person, etc. Interesting article.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Charlotte K. For This Useful Post:

charliebbarkin (07-22-2014), Maxx&Emma (07-22-2014), POPTOP (07-22-2014), Scoutpout (07-22-2014), windycanyon (07-22-2014)

Nice article. Interesting. Thank you for sharing, so true what you said about getting our pups out and about regularly. It's nice for them and us.
    Charlie and Burton

Great reminder, thanks for sharing!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

We all get into routines and forget that a simple change of scenery is very invigorating.

There is SO much truth to that article and in fact, I was going to mention something along those lines to the trainer I have coming in for a workshop in ~10 days.

I have watched folks w/ littermates to mine, and wondered how on earth some of their issues had been created, and then see what they are doing training wise. Daily! Classes several times a week! Even when the owners are tired and cranky (big huge mistake imo)!

It made me at first think I was slacking when I heard how many classes some friends were taking... but as summer can be VERY hot here, and I have no indoor training facility to go to, I tend to slack off. And then comes harvest... 7 day a week work so unless I already have very strong foundations on dogs, I plan to make very little progress in training. I train very little, yet have dogs that seem to "get it" faster than their much heavier trained littermates. Dunno... but I'm not changing things here even if my life somehow changes because it's working!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos