Thread: Day 3 with Coco

Day 3 with Coco

Some updates...

Learning name a little I think. haha. Is right with us where ever we are. Lot so outside run and chase. Happy puppy. Seems to have bonded with me the most, wife second, daughter third, a son last (he is 4 and is not sure he likes the puppy). Will sit at my feet for naps. Loves walks, BUT NOT ON LEASH. haha Any advice on leash training as I like to have is on when we walk along road. Had first bath today. Loved the water.

Night time. Crate beside bed...first night lots of expected whining, but not to bad. Then after the first night, she seems to have comfort and only whines when its time to go out (about 3 to 4 hour intervals.

Chewing is normal as we continue to puppy proof the home. Helping all of us to pick up and put away. Need to add more toys to pick form.

Eating morning meal and afternoon meal just fine. Staying with same puppy chow the breeder used.

Has only had 2 accidents in the house in 3 days day or night. Our fault for missing scheduled out times. Has already established the pee are and the poop area. Goes same areas each time.

Teaching our 4 year old to not run as puppy sees this as playing chase and to use stern "no" to control. Seems to be working.

Just an update for those who are interested. Any advice on ow soon to start with simple commands, training, etc. appreciated.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vanousb For This Useful Post:

Meeps83 (07-22-2014), MikeLynn (07-25-2014)

I HIGHLY recommend puppy classes for the entire family. they are wonderful for bonding, socialization and learning (for the humans).

If he's 8 weeks you shouldn't worry about walking on the road, he hasn't had all his shots so you have to watch where you bring him. Not to say leave him at home under lock down, just be cautious about where you choose to take him out.

For the leash, start with getting him used to a collar and then used to dragging a short leash in the house.

Can you feed three meals per day at all? it's better for pups.

Overall sounds like you are doing wonderfully and off to a great start

Sounds like he is settling in very well. Great on the potty training. Do enroll in puppy class, it helps so much.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos