Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food update

Food update

I started Gauge on Health Extention back in April and I couldn't be happier. He finally has decent formed stools!!!! His coat is shiny haven't had goop ears or eyes except when he has allergies which usually has been twice a year during change of seasons. His energy level is great weight is perfect according to the vet. She said that 90 percent are overweight. He gets 3 cups a day split into 2 feedings.

It's affordable too. 40 lbs cost me 59 including tax.

Thats amazing news!!! Glad you found something that works great for Gauge!!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

So glad you found what worked. Just like people, different dog, different diets.

I've never heard of that food. Glad you found something to work!
    "The dog was created specially for children, he is the God of frolic"
    -Henry Ward Beecher
    Hidden Content

House Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltieluver View Post
    I started Gauge on Health Extention back in April and I couldn't be happier. He finally has decent formed stools!!!! His coat is shiny haven't had goop ears or eyes except when he has allergies which usually has been twice a year during change of seasons. His energy level is great weight is perfect according to the vet. She said that 90 percent are overweight. He gets 3 cups a day split into 2 feedings.

It's affordable too. 40 lbs cost me 59 including tax.

That is good news. However, when you buy that product you support puppy mills. Do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by LabMunsterBracco View Post
    That is good news. However, when you buy that product you support puppy mills. Do your research.
    How am I supporting puppy mills? I was recommended this food from a reputable breeder who shows and occasionally breeds. I found nothing when researching this food anything about supporting puppy mills.

I was curious and did a google search-- apparently the maker of this product owns a large puppy store.
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

House Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoopsaDaisy View Post
    I was curious and did a google search-- apparently the maker of this product owns a large puppy store.
    Yes that is true but it goes way beyond that. The bag says "ACA Approved" or something like that. ACA stands for American Canine Association. This is the fake registry puppy mills use to produce "papers" when they sell puppies. ACA is owned by a lobbyist that has kept puppy mills and pet stores that sell puppies in business.

The puppy mill industry is a complex web of pet stores, brokers, breeding farms and that so called registry, so they are all related in some way.

Real Retriever
    Hey....one thing I've learned over the years; if something works - FEED IT!

Sorry to say, but when it comes to the health of the dog you have in your possession and the overall quality of life - you do what you have too and need to.

We, as humans, are all supporting something we would otherwise chose not too, in some fashion or another - i.e China, etc. but sometimes we have no affordable or health choice in the matter.

95% of all dog foods, fwiw, are produced with China ingredients, btw - so whether you're supporting China or puppy mills, the pets have to be fed somehow.

House Broken Candy and Spike's Dad's Avatar
    sorry Woofie, I wouldn't feed it. Obviously puppy mills don't care crap about dog's well being, I wouldn't feel comfortable feeding a food that made by them. Who knows what's in the food.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos