Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Dog

I cant make this stuff up

so, ok, if you've been following the posts with my neighbor who got the havashire (mutt, yorkie, haveanese) from a pet store-here's today's story.

i start out at 830 eye doc appt. had cataract surgery but had lasik many moons ago and don't even want reading glasses, so more lasik down the road.. not yet tho. have to plan it in between nick's ankle fusion (whole other story).
    go home, contractor comes, no electric since electrician did basement so he uses an extension cord which yesterday, when nick was power washing the fence, was using the back of that plug in the garage (if that makes any sense) and it knocked out the power upstairs , in the bedrooms, hall, and bathrooms. ok, figured it out. or so we thought.
    contractor asked that we leave the basement unit on (we have central but not in basement) because it helps the sheetrock somehow. ok, no problem.

come home from eye doc and my cleaning lady tells me the power is off upstairs. i go in the garage to the new panel and see #15 , the upstairs, not all the way to the right, try and do it, nah, push left then right and we have electric. talk to contractor who believes because he's using electric upstairs, old house (but with 220 wiring) it will be ok , once the electrician comes, tomorrow to turn on outlets in basement and we plug in unit in there. ok.

go upstairs, get a coffee, sit down at computer and BANG. i look out the window and neighbor, same neighbor , who has had 4 zillion accidents , backed out of her driveway into my audi. backs up, opens her window, says "oh no" and……..drives away. ok, I'm bordering on overwhelmed , just got by email the papers for nick's upcoming fusion, see bone graft, achilles stretching as well as the graft, want to barf but don't, leader and gutter guys come, throw money at them and go to look at the car. neighbor, next door to daffy neighbor comes over, all serious, and says "i thought she hit a garbage can" and we look, i wipe off the scuff of her white paint and …….the bumper is split. oh so not good. and then phil points out that the fender on that side is bulging a bit. ok. i feel a bit overwhelmed but i call my body shop guy. "is there any reason i shouldnt call my neighbor a ****ing a**hole?". um, um. "what happened" . so i tell him and he says "no, you should" and i'll be over soon to look. now i am more disturbed that i have to call her cell and say "is there something you want to tell me?" "what" she says .
    WHAT "what ? you smashed into my car, looked from the car window, said oh no, and drove away" . she replies "i thought the white was bird poop" um , no. and i say, "you hear a bang, and don't get out of the car?well, you split my bumper, john is coming over from the collision place and audi's aren't cheap".
    "
    "don't tell my husband"

now he comes, she comes home, wailing in the driveway and i went over and said "listen, i cry from neuroblastomas that my grandson had. stop crying."
    she replies " i have to get the money from my mother and i don't know how i will pay her back".

now i have flat, expressionless psych patient face and say nothing.
    my real concern, is when it will be done, how long he will have the car and i have to negotiate doing all this while planning eye surgery, nick's surgery which will involve constant trips uptown ny to mt sinai, and quite frankly, I CANT BELIEVE SHE LEFT AND I WAS GONNA HAVE TO EAT THE PRICE OF THE CAR. oh yeah, $1850.

i told her to be happy because nick's car is outside, since the pod is in the driveway, and he's parked outside. if it were his vette it told her i'd help her look for a condo.

now , really, can i make stuff like this up?

No, no you can't make this stuff up.....I think you need to move! Seriously!
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kelsyg For This Useful Post:

bett (08-02-2014)

Senior Dog
    unreal. and i should worry how she 's gonna pay her mother back?
    um no, you were gonna stick me with this . as you probably did my celica, way back when .

House Broken
    Man, this chick can't get out of her own way. I'll tell you, if it had been me when I saw that she backed up, hit my car, said "oh no" and then drove away? I would have been BS angry about that. There would have been a lot of Wed. Thurs. Fri.'s uttered when I got her on the phone.

Plain and simple? She's a moron. You may need to bubble wrap your house and cars.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thndrkttn For This Useful Post:

bett (08-02-2014)

House Broken
    Won't her auto insurance cover it?

Good heavens, Betty! If you were reading all this in a book of fiction, you'd think the author was exaggerating and be annoyed, because no one has all this drama in their lives! Oh, I think I know someone...

I can't believe she thought she'd blow it off and maybe you wouldn't notice. So, just to clarify, she'd rather pay for the repairs in cash than report it to her insurance company so that her rates don't go up and her husband doesn't find out? And she has to borrow the money from her mother, who's probably in her 70s or 80s? How old is this woman- 17?
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

bett (08-04-2014)

Oh no. I jinxed you by asking about her driving. Sorry. Hey, I can make amends, I'll contribute if you want to take out a contract out on her. I bet you could get donations from her family members. Wow.

She has to ask her mother, meaning, she has no insurance? Did she leave the scene of an accident? A chargeable offense?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Shell (08-05-2014), sheltieluver (08-02-2014), Sue (08-02-2014)

oh good grief....nope, no way could you make this stuff up! just what you needed too. thank goodness you have a good bodyman on standby.
    (on 2nd thought that sounds kinda bad...) anyway, hang in there!

This is like a bad reality tv show. You can't make this junk up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Macy For This Useful Post:

bett (08-04-2014)

Unbelievable! That is way more trouble than any one person should have to put up with in a day . . . let alone a week. Hang in there and plan something fun this weekend. You need some diversion.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyLuna For This Useful Post:

bett (08-04-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos