Strange Kennel behavior

Strangest thing happen today. Was trying to go to lunch and Emma always go in her crate when we leave and today when I told her "Kennel" she looked at me and ran under the table, When I told her Kennel again. She didn't move, so when I went to pick her up she ran, around the house. I finally able to grab her in the living room. But right when I went to grabbed her she let out a bark and a small growl, but she let me pick her up no problem. and I carried her to the crate.

When we got back, let her out everything was normal, and I decide to practice her kennel command, while I did to vacuum and clean up, and she went right in no problem. We did it about 6 times throughout the afternoon. no fuss what so ever.

Anyone ever experience a similar behavior?

I'm thinking that it was her trying to test me. Since she's entering those teenage bratty months and she decide to test me with her food the day before. She has to sit and watch me in order for me to put her food bowl down. So Miss Emma decide that she would stand and watch me instead. So I just stood there and waited her out. Took her a few minutes before she gave up and sat down and watch while I put the bowl down.

She might have seen something like a bug or small animal in her kennel earlier :\ When you brought her in there it could have shown her that it's ok, nothing is there. Or like you said, she might just be testing you.
    Hidden Content
    Herding Hanson the Handsome~born 11/28/2018
    Hammer Head Shark~forever in my heart 1/13/2011-4/30/2018
    Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HammerLover For This Useful Post:

emma_Dad (08-04-2014)

Didn't think about something being in there. We have had a few centipede crawling around the house.

I see Emma is 9 months old. THE worst age as per BC threads. Bet it surprised her all to heck to discover you could fit under the table too.

BC = Before Crash of Lab Board.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

emma_Dad (08-04-2014)

When Bacon wants to play games with me he will "forget" his kennel command. He will go lay on his bed or go ring his bells to go potty. We just chuck it up to him being a little butt.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

emma_Dad (08-04-2014)

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    I see Emma is 9 months old. THE worst age as per BC threads. Bet it surprised her all to heck to discover you could fit under the table too.

BC = Before Crash of Lab Board.
    The first thing I thought of was, is she about 9 months old? And your ticker confirmed it. I would be on the lookout for teenage bratty behavior!

Also, they're bright critters. They know going into the crate means the end of fun and you probably leaving. Even now at the ripe old age of 9, Kimber every now and then will try to escape being crated. Surprises the heck out of me because she's so well-behaved but every now and then, she "just don't wanna!"
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

emma_Dad (08-04-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos