So frustrating!!!

Last night I let the dogs out and my neighbor was out with his dogs. Flash (my reactive sheltie) runs out and starts barking like he always does and chases the birds or squirrels of course it sets the neighbors dogs off in a barking frenzy. Thier little terrier is a fear barker. Tell Flash enough he stops. Gauge is sitting next to me nit reacting at all. They are still screaming and trying to get Tango who is barking and jumping at the fence.

They get everyone in and the neighbor comes out and says to me if we have Tango out do you mind keeping your dog's in bc he's crazy you know how he reacts to other dogs. I say in my nicest voice isn't that the point of the fence. He's like yeah but I thought if he didn't see thme he would be ok. I said well no offensense but you need to train him I spent two weeks working with Gauge on leash with the fence up. He won't listen he said so hire a trainer, they cost to much well then tie him out I don't know whatelse to tell you.

My dogs need alot of exercise and I'm not keeping them indoors bc you can't control your dog. He's like fine guess he will just stay in the house and walked away.

Sorry I lived almost a year with Gauge on a leash and anxiety afraid of him leaving that dog out. Not my fault you can't control your dog's. I have 4 and they all listen.

Yep. A lack of training on his part does not make you the bad person in this.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

I can't tell you the number of times I've heard this kind of thing. It fascinates me that people who don't want to put in the work or money act as if everyone else should accommodate them. Makes you wonder how they function with anything.

Tonight my dogs were out I guess they waited for me to go in with them bc I was in the sun room looking for Gauges ball and heard Thier little terrier barking. I put the rest of my dogs in bc Flash will bite when playing ball I can only play with him by himself. Gauge totally ignores Tango who of course is running the fence sticking his nose under barking. Gauge and I continued to play for about 45mins to an hour with Tango not stopping and they didn't correct him or anything. Annoys the heck out of me and the worse excuse is he's a rescue that's why he's like this. No he's like this bc nobody trained him.

Tango who of course is running the fence sticking his nose under
    This part is scary, I remember your earlier threads. If he can stick his nose under he can dig under. Right?

We have two little undisciplined yappers next door. Thankfully, the neighbor knows how they react and are quick to put them up if Archie is out.

It makes me sad that all they say is they know their dogs are untrained and don't do a thing about it. It's hard to even have a nice talk over the fence if their dogs are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    This part is scary, I remember your earlier threads. If he can stick his nose under he can dig under. Right?
    Believe me the thought is always in my mind. I have a chainlink fence up and I've actually thought of putting electric fencing or barbed wire up just in case. He hasn't dug and I'm pretty sure they would stop him from doing that. The boyfriend kicked him once bc he was running the fence and ruining where he just put grass seed. It had just rained too so he was mad he was all muddy. That's before the fence went up but I don't see him tolerating digging. I do have to say they are always out with the dogs they don't just leave them out there. For that I'm grateful.

House Broken
    I feel your pain. We had new neighbors move in next door with two very barky Jack Russell Terriers. We were already in the process of re-doing our fence in our yard and the neighbor came up with the idea of sharing a side fence. We haven't needed a side fence due to ours in the back but my DH agreed so as to be a good neighbor but now I am worried. Their two dogs bark so much that our Lab and Newf have started barking in our house anytime their dogs are out in their yard. I am really worried about what's going to happen when all four of them are at the fence together! My idea was to continue on with our own fence and let them build their own fence and then there would be a buffer area in between the fences. My DH thought that would not be neighborly. Our two one hundred pound dogs on our side with their two 10 pound dogs on their side - OMG!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos