Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vibration and tone only E-collar

Hey ya'll. So I am considering on purchasing an e-collar WITHOUT shock for Parker. He is off leash in the woods and I want to train him using the vibration to come to me without hesitation. I know petsafe has PetSafe Vibration Only VT-1 Remote Training Collar 1-dog. Can anyone tell me if this is a good one? Are there anymore collars with just vibration and tone? Possibly a gps tracker as well but NO SHOCK. My dad does not want me to have a shock collar at all.
    Thanks labrafriends

I hunt with a classic e-collar, with vibe, tone, and shock. I did try a petsafe collar before we moved up to the sportdog, and it did not work out of the box, so I simply returned it.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

are there collars from those hunting sport dog brands that do not come with the shock. Me personally i do not have anything against people using a shock. i do not judge but my dad is totally against it for my dog. he doesnt want it at all even if I will not be using that aspect on the collar.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerJames View Post
    are there collars from those hunting sport dog brands that do not come with the shock. Me personally i do not have anything against people using a shock. i do not judge but my dad is totally against it for my dog. he doesnt want it at all even if I will not be using that aspect on the collar.
    No not really. The good, reliable brands are not vibrate only collars.

so is the petsafe not good or reliable? should i not even bother buying it? or is it worth the try??

Not any that I have heard of. I was completely against using a shock collar, but after consulting with our breeder, several hunters, and our hunting trainer, I was convinced that it was good for us. I do not want to pressure you, or your father in any way. Just know that the big reliable brands are geared towards hunters, who use shock collars.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

You can try it. I personally really like the mini Einstein I bought. It's designed to work on dogs small as 5 lbs to big dogs so the stim goes from 0 (no shock) to 100.

I tried it on my wrist and I could not feel anything below a 5. The 5 just felt like a tickle.

I use this collar with my 8 lb mini dachshund and I have the stim locked on 0. The stim button and the vibrate buttons are on opposite sides so it's hard to get confused and press the wrong one and even if I did nothing would happen because it's completely turned off. It also has a built in light that I really like.

okay i think im gonna try the petsafe. we dont hunt so i dont think i will need the sport dog hunting brands. thank you for the reviews!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BaconsMom View Post
    Not any that I have heard of. I was completely against using a shock collar, but after consulting with our breeder, several hunters, and our hunting trainer, I was convinced that it was good for us. I do not want to pressure you, or your father in any way. Just know that the big reliable brands are geared towards hunters, who use shock collars.
    Yep, this is what I meant.

Tri tronics, Sport Dog, etc are the well known hunting dog brands and you are not going to find those with vibrate only.

I also have a tri tronics collar that I really like but it doesn't have vibrate and the tone feature is barely audible. I'm sure the dog can hear it but it's very quiet so it's not making all kinds of noise in the field and scaring off the animals.

We have a PetSafe eCollar for Mocha. I don't remember the model. We bought it a Pet Smart. You can set the vibration and shock individually. So, just set the shock to 0.

With Mocha, we use it to get his attention. When he's running through the yard "in the zone" he's deaf. The vibration restores his hearing, so to speak, and will obey. Sometimes, depending on what he's running after, the vibration doesn't work and I'll use the shock.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos