Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestions for car seat cover

I have two seat covers that have worked pretty well. One is a beige fairly inexpensive cover that I bought at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The other cover is a black Kurgo seat cover.

The Kurgo cover is nice and is really durable, but the material that it is made of allows all of Lola's (almost white) hairs to weave into it. I usually take it out once a week and sweep it or vacuum it. The car wash also does a decent job vacuuming it.

Any ideas for a car seat cover that is a little more resistant to lab hairs weaving into it?
    Hidden Content

Just another day at the beach.....

Not sure if your dog is riding in the back, but I use and love these: Canvasback Custom Cargo Liners Home Page

You might also try the wetsuit-like material seat covers or faux leather custom seat covers for your back seat from Auto Anything. Something like this: seat covers.

I'm still using a couple of oversized beach towels. . Low tech, but have the distinct advantage of being washing-machine-able!

I use thrift store quilts and bedspreads. Some covers do pick up hair so I do have to be careful to always put those ones back in after washing with the same side up. Advantages: cheap, colourful, maybe even matching the car, the batting holds dirt and moisture away from my seats, easy to put in and take out to wash. Disadvantage: can be a bit big for some washing machines. Did I say cheap? I don't think I've paid more than $5 for one yet.

Our car seats are covered in dog hair

We have this one from Duluth Trading. Seat Protector - Scout's Seat Saver - Duluth Trading It seemed kind of slippery at first but that went away through use. Right now I need to clean the seat cover because it's all muddy and covered in dog hair but I'm glad it's not my seats that are so disgusting.
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
    We have this one from Duluth Trading. Seat Protector - Scout's Seat Saver - Duluth Trading It seemed kind of slippery at first but that went away through use. Right now I need to clean the seat cover because it's all muddy and covered in dog hair but I'm glad it's not my seats that are so disgusting.
    Be careful with any that hook onto the back of your front seat as the one in this link does. Check, will the strap impede your seat back airbag? That might cause you insurance problems if you ever get into an accident.

I have made full seat covers for several of our vehicles but cannot for the OH's 2012 F150. The owner's manual specifically says to not use any seat covers for fear of an airbag restriction. Not even the commercially made ones that say they are air bag friendly can be used.

I can see another potential problem. If that strap goes around the head restraint will it interfere with the position or action of the head restraint? If you are tall and have the head restraint moved up high will the weight of your dog hanging from it make it unstable? These are things the insurance adjuster for the other party in an accident will look for and notice.

I have this seat cover Guardian Gear Pawprint Seat Covers - Charcoal at BaxterBoo, which I originally bought for the cute factor but it's also very functional and the hairs don't weave into the material. It has a waterproof backing and looks like faux suede, it's also on sale.
    Hidden Content

Ram - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011 - 7/4/2019
    CGN - 6/10/2013

Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

I bought a custom seat cover for the back seat. It fit well except that it was made for two head rests instead of three even though it was for my model/year car. They would not make good on this when I contacted them. In a year a seam started ripping out. So it still covers most of the seat but I cannot put the head rests on the back seat because it's not designed for the right number or right locations for them. I forget the company but I thought I was doing a great thing buying one to fit custom but it's not what it was advertised to be.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos