Senior Dog

Prince Edward County, Ontario - Camping and touring around (lots of pictures!)

Last week, Andrew and I went camping with some of my high school friends at Sandbanks Provincial Park, in Prince Edward County. The weather wasn't perfect for lounging on the beach, but it was perfect for touring the wineries and other sights in "the County". We did go swimming the first evening there and the water was perfect. Monday we woke up to a drizzling rain. The other two tents had got a bit of a flood in them, but our tent was dry. Not because of our skill as campers, but sheer dumb luck. Andrew and I were in charge of breakfast and had decided to do breakfast tacos. No plates to wash, just the cast iron pan. Seemed to be a hit and along with perked coffee, not too bad a meal. My cousin lives close by and was off that week, so we did a convoy of two cars. My cousin in the lead, the other car just had to follow. First stop was 66 Gilead Distillery. We did a tasting here. I liked the Canadian Pine Vodka.

This cool truck was on the grounds. Interesting farm buildings here. There is also a
    cooperage on site. It wasn't open the day we were there.

I love old barns. Sadly, where I live they are being torn down. In PEC, they are getting another life.

Group shot of myself and friends. My cousin is on one end and I'm on the other.
    I don't want to say how long I've known, these friends, but I suspect it's longer than
    some people on the board are old.

Almost a perfect camp site. No one close by, lots of room for three tents, a cooking and
    eating area and close to ahem, an out house.

Enjoying some cider from the County Cider Company. They also make an amazing Ice Cider. . .
    we bought two bottles.

On Tuesday we did the Dunes Trail. Not a long trail but really diverse ecosystems.

Me and one of my high school friends. Sheesh, I still remember her sitting behind me in
    home room.

Final group shot. I really am lucky to have this group as friends. Even though we don't
    see each other as often as we use to, when we do it's like we just saw each other last week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kleb For This Useful Post:

Bamps (08-04-2014)

I love Sandbanks! Friends are great

Fantastic pictures!!! Looks like it was a super fun time.

Great trip with what sounds like great friends.

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos