Thread: A new dog job.

Red face A new dog job.

So the other day when I was texting with my boss, her last text read, "S is doing grooming at the kennel now. Shes wants to teach you to bathe dogs at some point so you can help her out if you would like to learn. She would pay you $blank an hour. Anyways, it may give you some experience with grooming if you want it."

The opportunities I get with working at this dog kennel just keep coming. Being a teenager and having a job like this is amazing. My senior year (2 years from now) I have an opportunity to do this thing called "New Visions." It's where your school sets up an internship for you during half of your school day. I will have two options, Business or Dog Training. And I honestly think I want to do the dog training. In college I plan on majoring in Business and culinary arts. But as you may have known already I want to go to a 6 week dog trainer school. Later on I want to throw in some Farrier courses (horseshoes stuff).

I can't wait to start grooming. I do bathe dogs for the trainers, before they are sent home but it's nothing big. It will be nice to have all of this experience so that in the future I will have an easier time, if I ever decide to open a dog kennel.

Anyone on here have a kennel or work for one? Or even a groomer? Do you like your job? I know it's not all fun and games and there are bills to pay and paperwork to do. That's the responsibility that comes with owning a business.
    Hidden Content
    Herding Hanson the Handsome~born 11/28/2018
    Hammer Head Shark~forever in my heart 1/13/2011-4/30/2018
    Hidden Content

dont work for a kennel, but good luck!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

HammerLover (08-14-2014)

This does sound like a good opportunity for you. Congratulations!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CraftHer For This Useful Post:

HammerLover (08-15-2014)

Excellent opportunity! Learning something new, no matter what, is not wasted knowledge. And it does sound like it could be fun.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

HammerLover (08-15-2014)

House Broken
    Sounds great. Always take the opportunity to learn something new. My dog trainer was a lawyer for 8 years but quit to be a trainer! You just never know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lovealab2 For This Useful Post:

HammerLover (08-15-2014)

I think this is great!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Thelove For This Useful Post:

HammerLover (08-15-2014)

I worked at a vet practice that had a grooming studio part-time from the time I was 15 through the summer before my senior year of college. I completed various tasks (many if the involved cleaning something or someone...) in the vet office and I bath dogs, trimmed nails, cleaned ears, etc. in the grooming studio. I was sad when I went to grad school and moved too far away to work their any more during class breaks. I love that job! My eventual career had nothing to do with animals, however, I think the experience I had at that job was winderful. I say go for it and good luck! If you have the opportunity to learn some of the business side that would really be a plus.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maggie's Mom For This Useful Post:

HammerLover (08-15-2014)

I love seeing all of the new breeds and meeting their owners when I send home boarding dogs. But, I do have interest in culinary arts so I don't know where my future will bring me. I am taking business courses in college so hopefully I can own a business in either field. Guess we all have to wait and find out Haha! If you ever hear about a "Hannah The Dog Whisperer", then you need to come meet me xD
    Hidden Content
    Herding Hanson the Handsome~born 11/28/2018
    Hammer Head Shark~forever in my heart 1/13/2011-4/30/2018
    Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos