Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Very sad, emotional and scary week last week.

Last Monday my daughter's dog, Violet, seemed to be a little "off", so DD took her to the vet. The doctor checked her out and did some tests and said that Violet's kidneys were shutting down. Man we were all in a state of shock at that news. The vet kept her there and each day Violet seemed to show small improvements, then suddenly on Thursday Violet started hemoraging! They did a blood transfusion, which seemed to help, but Friday morning everything just started shutting down and we lost her. My granddaughter, Alyssa, is having a really difficult time dealing with the loss of her dog.
    The vet says that everything points to Violet ingesting rat poison. Since no one in this family would ever have that stuff anywhere near our home, someone had to have put it in their back yard. There is no other possible explanation, because Violet never went anywhere else.
    Now we are all very concerned that there is some insane person in the area trying to kill people's dogs. Barney and I are checking our yard and watching our girls like a hawk. It's just unimaginable to me how anyone can do something like that.

That is horrible, I am so sorry. Prayers for your DD, her family and yours. There are awful people in this world, that is the lowest of the low.
    Last edited by Maxx&Emma; 05-23-2014 at 05:35 AM.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Aww that's absolutely terrible! Good thoughts and hugs for your family right now! I'd talk to neighbors and let them know just in case. Someone tried to poison my cousin's dog and turns out other neighbors had reported similar stories and the authorities got involved.

that is awful that someone would do such a thing and that your family and Violet had to endure such an experience! very sorry for your family's loss.

So sorry that this happened. What an awful and scary thing for your family. Poor Violet. I can't believe another human being can do something like this to an innocent creature.

Oh no I am so sorry. People are just sick. I hope they catch the nutcase who did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I am so sorry! I will keep all of you in my prayers and good thoughts. I hope they find the person who did this!

Oh, God, how awful. It is incomprehensible how someone could do that. I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Violet. I hope you get to the bottom of this. Please take care.

House Broken
    I'm so sorry for your loss and in such a terrible way. Thoughts and prayer to you and your entire family, especially your granddaughter.

I'm so sorry. Sometimes I hate people.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos