Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    House Broken

so. much. diarrhea.

i remember that there was a smell around 4am, but I was only half conscious and thought i was dreaming.
    then my alarm went off at 6 and when i went to get out of bed... oh dear god. diarrhea and vomit EEEEEEVERYWHERE.
    thank god we have hard wood floors.
    i thought back to lincoln poking me with his nose through the night. but he does that a lot... mostly because he wants to climb under my covers. so i didn't take him seriously. (now i feel terrible)
    so i was pretty convinced it was him but not positive. i took both dogs out and sure enough lincoln had what can only be described as projectile diarrhea in the yard (sorry)
    i called my boss, told them i'd be late, and boiled up some chicken and rice. he had diarrhea outside a couple more times. i had to go into work eventually and felt terrible leaving.
    i called the vet on my way in and gave them a head's up, they said to just keep an eye and call back tomnight if it persisted.
    my husband left work early so he could go home and be with him. he called me and said it was a crime scene
    i called the vet again and got a 6pm appt. i drove home and picked up my schmoopy boy. there's no other way to describe him. i have never seen him like this. he's mopey, quiet, glassy eyed, and just not himself. i piled him into the car and off we went.
    he threw up in the back seat
    we got to the vet and we had to run outside once so he could have more diarrhea before the doctor even came in. oh my.

the vet couldn't believe how schmoopy he was ("he's normally a wild man!") they did a fecal smear but it didn't really show anything. his exam was fine. no fever. not dehydrated yet... PHEW. i was so afraid he was.
    they said they've been seeing a lot of this. they weren't entirely convinced it isn't giardia... or just the bacterial/viral thing that's going around. they put him on amoxicillin/metronidizole.
    he's had one dose along with a tiny bit of boiled turkey and rice. he just some had more diarrhea outside and is now napping on my lap.
    i foresee a long night of me clutching his leash and waking up every time he shifts even a little. or possibly just sleeping on the couch so we're close to the door.
    oy.

Poor Lincoln and poor you!

Hopefully the bug will pass and he will be better in the am.

Ohhhh poor Schmoopy Lincoln! Hope he feels better soon!

Yeah, who doesn't like the couch for "those" kinds of nights? Hope Lincoln isn't stinkin' in the morning! Probrecito!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Hope you have a better night

welcome to the club :-/

Oh no! I'm sorry. I hope he clears out soon.

I think this is the third diarrhoea thread I've seen this morning. There must be something going on. I remember warnings about algae in water, natural pond water, could that be it? Other years I remember the algae warnings from. I hope this is short lived.

Senior Dog
    Schmoopy Lincoln! Oh, it breaks my heart when they're sick. I hope his tummy settles soon.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Schmoopy is a good word!
    Hope Lincoln feels better soon.
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos