Senior Dog

Cool Some good news- and i am tuff

ok, i'll start with the tuff. i think we all know that contractors do not do one job at a time. mine are no different , however i seem to get the guy, noe, who is a workhorse, neat, lovely guy, at the end of the day, for maybe 4 hours. he comes , usually about 4-5 and leaves about 9 , as i fear he might die down there. often he comes alone.
    gc is bill, or chris, but i m told to deal with bill. ok. well, the other day my friend was here setting up laptop i got for nick's upcoming ankle fusion, bone graft and achilles stretching (4 months home, get me that gun) and chris was supposed to appear with the ceiling at 3. at 415 i text bill "chris?". 20 minutes later, i get a text, "sorry, running late, will be there soon". um, what is soon? so i say nicely, "where is he coming from?" ok, coming from garden city 15 minutes away.
    oh yes, my friend setting up the computers, and jiving phones, desktops, etc is a psychiatrist. great. at 455 my door knocks. handsome chris. he walks in and this is the scene "chris, don't make me hate you." he musters up his best handsome dumb look, that i ignore. "chris , do you have fingers? do they work? a text or a call would have been nice. I'm waiting for you for 2 hours. " he starts to say, that "he hopes that the job…" and i cut him off. still polite. "hey chris, i would hope to be a size 4, do i look like a size 4r?". hmm dumb, but smart enough to not answer. i then tell him "so next time you say you are coming at 3, i'll be home at 5", walk away, go back up to crisitina who is smirking, laughing and says "good, but they are all the same" . chris proceeds to empty his truck, not of the ceiling tiles, but of more molding. and oh yeah, noe, the workhorse contractor isn't coming today. i ended with telling chris perhaps he should send noe to me for the day, and let him go the the other job for 4 hours. then maybe we will get done. he babbled something about noe working all weekend and i said "yeah, ok , right, sure". and off chris slithered, never saying good bye. ok.

since nick decided himself , after a thallium stress test, to empty the pod and put all the stuff in the garage, the pod needed to go so we can get the garage straightened out, throw out more crap, and put the car where it goes, snowblower and generator accessible in case and be done with that part.

took 3 calls, no warning and yesterday pod went bye bye, ripping the crap out of my blacktop driveway. next spring's new calling i guess.

ok, that was the I am tuff part.

still replacing stuff, not bringing it home, as there is no where for it to go. store holds if you pay.
    i get a call from agent from insurance company who i have been literally bombarding with thousands of dollars of bills from the things i have ordered and needed to replace to recoup some of the recoverable depreciation. things like stereos, t-v.s , formal gowns (yeah, i need that now too, like a hole in my head) but it does make me a bit crazy that they get to keep nearly 7300. in recoverable depreciated moola, because i cant get myself to the store to do the replacement shopping which off course, costs more than the original amounts spent.

good call_agent. "hey betty, just wanted to give you some good news. i got the bill for the two months of the pod so that money will be added to the rest. and because we see that you have been replacing all the stuff, i had a conversation with my manager (who i also did, because i wanted to give the agent a kudos, and ended up the guy grew up 5r minutes from here and we chatted and chatted and he asked i put a letter in writing singing agent's praises. ok, i get it , done. well, they decided to forgo me shopping like a nut, and just give me the entire (what's left ) $6500, so i am no longer on a shopping frenzy (like i needed to replace 3 tuxedo shirts now, and formal dresses)……to say that i JUMPED FOR JOY, CALMED DOWN,as nick's surgery is in two weeks from tues, and i CAN NO LONGER SHOP FOR STUFF WHETHER IT FURNITURE OR CLOTHING. i am spent, in the shopping dept. no more bulging emoji eyes when nordstrom sends the item without the bill and i have to call customer service begging and they tell me to print the original order and the ups, delivered form. oh, please, kill me.

so that's the good, the bad and the ugly.
    i haven't figured out if the good den natuzzi, 20 plus year couch that needs a higher leg since my old friends seem to have to rock to get up, is staying in the den, or moving to the basement and we redo the den. i did find a couch that i like enough for the den, but that means buying everything else new, as the old one is a sectional, and this isn't. it kills me to put a great couch in the basement but….it might be easier and and now, after his surgery, i will be on a search for a red, yes red, leather, club chair. my den is grey grey grey and charcoal, small plaid iron carpet that i do not know how it survived the beating it's gotten from the contractors going up and down, tho covered and washed weekly, or vangie hurling and eli peeing.

jake is perfect. he neither hurls, pees or poops. in the house.
    eli, however, seems to do all, tho i am told the light will go on at a year . so that gives me 4 more months of extreme cuteness, poop, and hurl. and an occasional pee.

wasn't that a good update?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bett For This Useful Post:

kelsyg (08-23-2014), SunDance (08-23-2014)

Senior Dog
    It was! Hang in there, bett.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

bett (08-23-2014)

Bett, this ought to be a TV series. Does sound like everything is moving along.

When our basement flooded, the insurance company handed us a check for full reimbursement that we agreed with the amount. Then again, we did not have the amount of damage you do. Hang in there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

bett (08-23-2014)

Senior Dog
    i actually left the door unlocked and didnt wait till lthe contractor arrived. went to see the kids, came home, two guys working . for how long, that's another story. but working now.

gcv asked for another 6 grand on mon . sure, i say, and i need the contract that you never gave me also. (don't even go there, i know) but i did like making him feel like a tool.

Can I hire you to be my contract negotiator/agent?
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Kleb For This Useful Post:

bett (08-24-2014)

Senior Dog
    honestly, if it weren't for nick's surgery on the ninth, i wouldn't be so crazy but……i have to get everything that is now in the garage (originally from the basement) back into the closets of the basement. of course, it didnt help today, that they moved the washing machine so many times, and shut the water off without letting me know, that when i went to wash the dog beds, first i thought i lost my marbles because twice, no water went into the machine. and of course , no light in the laundry room now. then i got nick with his handy dandy lantern, we turned on the water and it shot all over the new sheetrock (oh well) and moldings, and floor .we obviously quickly shut it off, and nick found, god knows how, his tools, and tightened the hoses (new metal ones so we wouldn't have a bulge or leak, haha). then i texted GC as he wants more money tomorrow, and i got a call back. "you want good news first or bad?" . so i told him if the machines are moved all over the place they need to tell me the water is off, and /or check the fittings for the hoses, because YOUR sheetrock and YOUR moldings are soaked.

another adventure.
    supposedly painter is coming tuesday and i need those closets done, and furniture moved into them. period. and oh yeah, contractor is having a hard time connecting with the floor guy that he has to pay to fix the scratches, because they didnt put down masonite as i suggested.

oh well.

Best Friend Retriever Polly Pipkin's Avatar
    Whew - what a saga! We need regular installments!

Hang in there - I love your comment, " i would hope to be a size 4, do i look like a size 4r?"! I may have to borrow that one!
    Hidden Content Katy & Polly

Hidden Content

Duchess Jan. 31, 2000 - Dec. 18, 2011, Always in our hearts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Polly Pipkin For This Useful Post:

bett (08-24-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos