I Know Your Dog Chases Cars, How Come YOU Don't?

The neighbours are not quite as UNbelievable as Bett's but they warrant a big SHeesh.

Something moving across the lawn across the street caught my eye through the tree branches. Barky Sparky, loose again and heading for the highway. The OH ran out to catch him, I phoned her. She's not home, she'll call him.

I go out to see what's up and OH and him are leaning on his truck and who's that standing down at the other, safer, end of our street? Barky Sparky, who comes running to see me. Him didn't even know the dog was out there. OH got him home and Him did nothing more about it.

And while the three of us stand talking a fixed up old truck goes by and Barky Sparky takes off running at it, living up to what we call him, barking his fool head off. The truck slows down not one bit, their windows are open, they can hardly fail to know a dog is chasing them, they don't care. Barky Sparky doesn't get hit, this time.

Him says to me, "I don't know why he does that." !!!!!!! I tell him BS got out yesterday and scared two ladies riding by on bicycles when he chased them too.

Eejits. Not quite on a level with Bett's neighbour but they are heading that way.

Your dog chases cars, do something about it. Don't let him get out, look out for him. Eejit.

Nerve racking isn't it. There was a dog near me that would come out barking and biting tires. I simply stopped and let him sniff and hike leg and what not, he quickly became bored and left back to his yard. He doesn't even bother anymore, I guess it's not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamps View Post
    There was a dog near me that would come out barking and biting tires. I simply stopped and let him sniff and hike leg and what not, he quickly became bored and left back to his yard. He doesn't even bother anymore, I guess it's not worth the effort.
    He claimed it, it's his, he just doesn't want it anymore.

I don't think I could look if my neighbors had dogs that chased cars. Actually, one of them, a little Maltese, did chase cars but he died of "cancer".

I hope Barky Sparky doesn't become Flat Sparky!

UGH! How dense can he be? Does he not fear for his dog?

Stupid, stupid.

Ugh....some people.

I think there should be an IQ test before people can adopt a dog, cat or horse. If you don't score higher than the animal you are wanting to adopt, Nope.
    Now this is tongue in cheek but what are some of these cretins thinking when they adopt an animal? First, Barky Sparky owner needs TRAINING in order to handle his dog. Second: DA owner needs to train, play with and get to know his animal.
    Sorry for the rant. We have neighbor with dog issues and this touched off my fuse.
    Rant off.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

And it happened again the same afternoon yesterday, after I posted this. After she came rushing home from work all supposedly worried about her dog and the OH and I both had been out to make sure Sparky was ok, and I told them both about the ladies on bicycles. Sparky went tearing down the road after another car. Just lucky all these vehicles, three in about an hour, were going away from the highway.

I hope someone complains, maybe one of the bicyclers. We aren't really an injured party ourselves, we just don't want to see Sparky injured.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos