Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

still dealing with fleas so frustrating

It's been a month I sprayed twice two weeks apart the dogs are on setinal and frontline put the cats on frontline and I'm now switching the dogs to trifexis for 3 months just to help kill them quicker. Thank god I work at a vet I got free 6 month frontline for the cats tho I have 6 so that's only a month and I got a 3 month supply of trifexis for the 4 dogs only cost me 111 dollars I'm going to see if my boss would be willing to order me comfortis for the cats. I never had to put my cats on anything but I'll keep them on until I have no more. I'm still not finding alot. I'm sure these are the eggs before I knew I had fleas. I'm hoping with everyone being on prevention that no new fleas are being born and I just have to get rid of these.

I've been vacuuming daily flea combing everyone multiple times a day. Daily I get anywhere from 1 to 5 fleas seems I get more after vacuuming but I read that the vibration of the vacuum causes the fleas to hatch so that may explain why. I feel so dirty I'm driving my husband crazy bc I'm a little Ocd anyway and this is throwing it into overdrive. My husband said pretty soon I'm going to start flea combing him lol!!

Been there, done that! Never want deal with fleas again.
    You may have to treat your yard, the favorite places your pets hang out.
    I would use Capstar, bath and Frontline my girls, wash EVERYTHING washable in the house, spray everything sprayable, vacuum vacuum vacuum, and just when I would be confident and sit down relax, I would let Cassie and Reba out to the back yard, and then check them the minute they came in again with a flea comb. Sure enough they would have have a few more. It was freakin' endless.
    Now we have the lawn treated for pests (fire ants, cinch bugs, etc.) so we just added flea and tick to the service and Trifexis replace Frontline for the dogs. This worked fairly quickly, I don't remember how quickly because you don't notice when you don't have fleas, only when you do!
    Good luck
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Only had to deal with them once and it was a chore. I used Zodiac in the house. Amazon.com : Zodiac Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs, Puppies, Cats, and Kittens, 16-ounce : Pet Flea And Tick Sprays : Pet Supplies Not this variety as I did not have kittens in the house. There is a variety for older dogs and cats. Found it locally but Amazon has it.

Treated the yard with their yard spray. Amazon.com : Zodiac Flea and Tick Yard & Garden Spray : Pet Flea And Tick Sprays : Pet Supplies Also on Amazon.

Be sure to wash everything they can get on, blankets, beds, and vacuum couches, down in the crevices of chairs and couches, baseboards.

Good luck.

I'll look into that spray. I'm pretty sure they didn't get them in my yard I do treat my yard. I'm almost certain the foster kittens brought them home I would bring them to work and we did have a client who's cat was loaded stay for surgery. Poor dogs and cats have no bedding right now I pulled all my throw rugs my bedding and bedding in guest room all kitten bedding bathroom rugs everything was washed. I've been vacuuming daily including my couches. I'm loving my shark and good thing bc it's getting lots of use. I just found a flea on my cat and gauge again right after I vacuumed. I can't imagine how many I would have if I haven't been treating.

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Only had to deal with them once and it was a chore. I used Zodiac in the house. Amazon.com : Zodiac Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs, Puppies, Cats, and Kittens, 16-ounce : Pet Flea And Tick Sprays : Pet Supplies Not this variety as I did not have kittens in the house. There is a variety for older dogs and cats. Found it locally but Amazon has it.

Treated the yard with their yard spray. Amazon.com : Zodiac Flea and Tick Yard & Garden Spray : Pet Flea And Tick Sprays : Pet Supplies Also on Amazon.

Be sure to wash everything they can get on, blankets, beds, and vacuum couches, down in the crevices of chairs and couches, baseboards.

Good luck.
    Zodiac is what I used, too.
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

House Broken
    Put a flea collar in your vacuum bag so any eggs or fleas you suck up will die. It sounds like you are being really proactive so I am sure you'll win the war on the fleas. Sending some good mojo to you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauranj For This Useful Post:

sheltieluver (09-06-2014)

How's it going?

Still have them grrrrr. I feel like it's never ending every time I think oh haven't seen any find another one. Since switching to Trifexis I've seen none on the dogs. My boss is going to see about ordering confortis for me for the cats. I

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

kelsyg (09-06-2014)

Do you have a basement? Wonder if they are "restocking" from there.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos