Thread: Raw fed cat?

Raw fed cat?

Does anyone else feed their cat raw?

My kitten is taking her food out of the bowl and throwing it around the house like it's prey. This is a new thing as the pieces are now bigger -- about the size of a quarter. I'm sure it's normal but I didn't come across anything in my reading.

Earlier she had a hunk of chicken gizzard that she was flinging all over and smearing all over the floor. Gross!

I feed my cats partial raw my older ones arnt really fans tho chicken hearts are a big hit. They didn't really like the gizzards. I normally give them rad cat. Then I give them wet food usually hound and gatto or wild calling. I never had them fling it around but I do have several feeding stations which I read to do as it gives them the feeling of hunting for thier food.

I don't have a cat, but Dodger takes everything out of the bowl before he eats it which is why i feed him outside

A good friend of mine adopted three kittens a year ago, that were abandoned by mom in her garden at five weeks old. She feeds her dogs raw and started the kittens right on it. For awhile she fed all three in the bathtub, easy cleanup. She posted some you tube videos, and they do a lot of playing with their food...to me it looked like more playing than eating, lol. Now that they are older, she needs to better monitor how much they eat, one was getting fat. So now they each have a crate they eat in. They do still play with their food to some extent though.

This kitten is not picky. I have yet to find a food -- raw or not -- that she won't devour. She is eating everything she flings around the house, too. I have a feeling that I'm going to really gave to watch her waistline as she gets older. My dogs take the big pieces out of the bowls, too. They eat easiest to most difficult -- in that order. I suppose that makes sense as they are scavengers.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos