Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who'd have thought it?????

A couple ago, I stepped into the 21st century and got an iphone after Sophie ate my then new not smart phone. Really like the iphone and it's been trouble free up til a couple weeks ago when it stopped connecting to WiFi. I spent and hour on the phone with Verizon trying to fix it. Reset it, reset modem, set it back to factory defaults, and nothing worked. Verizon guy tells me it's most likely a hardware problem, and I'm eligible for an upgrade, and I can get $100 trade in on my old phone.............. So basically they can't help me, and want to sell me a new phone.

Yesterday I google search the problem. Evidently this is a pretty common issue. Found a couple things I hadn't tried, nothing worked. I go through a thread that start almost 2 years ago, and went through it. I get to a message that says put the phone in a baggie, put it in the freezer for 20 minutes, pull it out, re-start it, and it will connect to the WiFi. Sounds crazy, but what the heck, we all know anything posted on the internet has to be true.

So I put the phone in the freezer, take the dogs out to play, come back in after 20 minutes. Pulled the phone out, re-started it, and what do you know, gives me a whole list of WiFi in range, I put in my password and it worked!!! And it's still working!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

bearbuddymarie (09-02-2014), WhoopsaDaisy (09-03-2014)

LOL, technology would die without the internet. Did any of the posts say why that worked? Glad it worked for you. Didn't help me when I dropped my old phone in the creek. As said on the internet, taking it apart and letting it dry in rice didn't help at all. Still didn't work.

Yep, you can't put it on the internet if it's not true! Bonjour!
    Congrats on finding a fix.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Who'd a thunk it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    LOL, technology would die without the internet. Did any of the posts say why that worked? Glad it worked for you. Didn't help me when I dropped my old phone in the creek. As said on the internet, taking it apart and letting it dry in rice didn't help at all. Still didn't work.
    Well it quit connecting to the WiFi again. Evidently there is a issue with microfractures in the solder of the WiFi chip, and freezing it causes them to reconnect. I read another fix for this is to heat the phone with a hair dryer in the location of the WiFi chip. Maybe it's just time to upgrade.

Great.

Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Best Friend Retriever LucyTudeOn4Feet's Avatar
    Do you have an Apple store? You'd likely get better technical service there, and from what I've read on the Apple forums, you might walk out with your phone replaced, at no charge. I refuse to buy my phone at Verizon, I always go to the Apple store. I'd rather poke my eye out than go to Verizon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LucyTudeOn4Feet For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-03-2014)

I recently had the same problem with my 4S and found the hair dryer/freezer trick worked for me. However, I've had to do it twice in the last 2 weeks. I'm due for an upgrade soon, so I'll just get a new phone then, but glad to have the fix for now.
    UACHX Remi AX AXJ MXPB MXP3 MJPB MJP4 NF
    Rookie, PE (puppy extraordinaire)

**Waiting at the bridge***
    UGRACH2 Jill CD OA OAJ NAP NJP JJ-R, 6/26/01-10/24/14...miss you, girlie.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LabraGal For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-03-2014)

I figured I'd do the upgrade since I was eligable. We had to run to the mall to pick up DW's watch and new wedding set I got her for our upcoming 35th anniversary. I too hate verizon with a passion, however, we are limited with choice around here so they are a necessary evil, so when I got the Iphone I went to Best Buy. So we are at the mall, and there is a best Buy Mobile Store there, which I didn't know about, since I go to the mall maybe twice a year. I say to DW, let's stop in and see if I got the extended warranty on the phone. Which it turns out I did. So I've got a new Iphone, free of charge coming in 3-5 days!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Second time the Best Buy Warranty has paid for itself!!!!!!!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos