Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick-help trying to get an interview!

SO I sent my resume to a local company that I'm trying to get into. They were not advertising any open positions but I sent it anyway. This was about 6 months ago. Never heard from them sadly. I refuse to give up so I did it again yesterday & now today I want to email them again to follow up. ( I didn't follow up last time, chickened out) So what do i say??? How do I follow up about a job they don't even have posted??

Here is what I would say

I am emailing to follow up on the resume I send on DATE. I am extremely interested in employment at your company, specifically in the BLANK department. I believe this will be a good fit for me, and a good place for me to utilize my experience and training. If there are any open positions (or future positions) please consider me in your search. Thank you for your time.

Make sure to attach your resume again.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

MontananDakota (09-03-2014)

I would address the email to the appropriate contact person (the same you sent the resume to), just saying you had sent in your resume yesterday, was hoping they'd had a chance to see it. That you're really interested in the company because>>>>> give a good reason why you find them attractive, and that you'd really like to work there because>>>>>> another good reason, tied into why you like the company, other than that you hate your current job! And that your skills are geared toward a position in/doing>>>>>>>> whatever it is you hope to do there. BUT that those skills also mean you'd be helpful to them in >>>>>> positions. Let them know you realize that they don't have any positions posted right now, but if they are needing someone to please keep you in mind.

Something along those lines. and if they have a "published" way that they accept resumes, make sure you've followed that as well.

Good luck, sometimes companies don't realize they need someone until they get an interesting resume in.

Editted to add:
    And just a quick comment to Bacon's mom's post (although her's is super mild - she just says she thinks it would be a good fit for her because of her skill set, but turn that around the other way, because of her skill set, she would be a great fit for the company): as a person who sees LOTS of resumes for positions we aren't hiring for...... it may be just me, and maybe some others that deal with applications and hiring can comment, but when I get resumes that contain sentiments like "it would be a good fit for ME" or "your company is a good place for ME to use MY training and expand MY career", anything that puts the emphasize on the benefits to the person applying, vs the benefits to the COMPANY hiring the person applying, gets my hackles up and usually gets the resume put in the "G" file. The Company is more interested in what you have to offer them, not what they offer you - after all, they're hiring someone to work for them and do a job (or jobs) that they need done, they're not hiring someone with the main purpose being to provide a nice place to work, or to further someone's career goals. They need a job done, and they want to choose the person who can best accomplish that for them.
    Last edited by Scoutpout; 09-03-2014 at 10:30 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scoutpout For This Useful Post:

doubledip1 (09-04-2014), MontananDakota (09-03-2014)

Good luck, here's another version too. >
    >
    > good Morning/Afternoon,

I’m emailing you tointroduce myselfand followup on the resume I sent on ??date??. I believe I can make a significantcontribution with my ?????? back ground and my knowledge in ??????????. With myprior experience, computer experience in programs like ?????? (Word and Excel) alongwith my leadership and organization skills will enable me to be a successful ??????????.I’m also a resourceful problem solver and enjoy the challenges that arise inthis field. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for yourtime and consideration.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Sincerely,
    At the Bridge
    Pinks - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 12/30/10 - 5/12/23
    Maddie - Chessie - 3/6/10 - 6/25/22
    Purps (Pinks sister) - Black Lab/mix -(Back with us 1/1/18) 12/30/10 - 4/7/21
    Gracie - Yellow Lab - 10/23/05 - 9/6/18
    Nozomi (Zoe) - BC/Lab - Got ya 9/5/09 - 3/19/15
    Abbey - Yellow Lab - Got ya - 5/8/09 - 4/22/11
    Cheanna - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 5/99 - 9/21/10
    Buddy (Bubba) - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 11/2/02 - 3/28/10
    Amber - Yellow Lab/Dobi - Got ya 8/1989 - 5/15/01

FANTASTIC!!!!! thanks everyone! exactly the help I needed. I've taken a bit of each & written an exceptional introduction. About to hit send...wish me luck.

Good Luck! Hope it works out for you.

Good luck! Hope it's not too late M&M
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

OMG!!!!! there's a voice mail on my cell!! for the office I sent my resume to!! Of course I am at work & cant call him back yet ..he said to use his direct line please not to go thru the main # this tells me he's maybe is wanting to replace whoever answers...dying to find out the specifics.
    thanks all for your well wishes & help! cant believe i got a call....

That's great news!! Good luck!

Sounds pretty exciting, congratulations and fingers crossed it works out for you.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos