Thread: Really?

Really?

Someone came into the clinic today with a Bernadoodle seriously and you paid big money for it? I should seriously make up a breed and sell them for lots of money (kidding of course) but really why do people not see they could get the same dog in the shelter?

What gets me is places like Petland that have random crosses that are obviously BYB "mistakes" that they are selling and they are always labeled as clearance puppies.

These are odd times where mutts are more expensive to buy than purebreds.....

Sad state of affairs when people think they have to one up someone else and the dog's expense.

It is crazy however if there was a smaller lab out there for "pet only" purposes it would go like crazy. I can't tell you the number of older folks I've met who said they'd always had labs but chose not to get one because until well trained they were afraid they'd get knocked down or pulled down. (My opinion is to adopt an older lab from the many rescue groups out there.)

haha yes I heard about those about a year ago. Searched the "breeder's" website and it was ... interesting. People pay an OBNOXIOUS amount of money we are taking 3,200$ price range. (CAD) with a $500 surchage for pati-colored (this is a poodle color). and they have MINI bernadoodles don't you know! and let's not forget the TOY bernadoodles!.

to me this ranks up there with the "pomsky" (pomeranian husky)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos