Thread: Crate questions

Crate questions

I am considering getting another crate. I know the 36 inch fits easily in my trunk when folded with room to spare but I'd like a bigger crate. I am not sure if the 42 inch will fit.

I like Midwest crates and so have a couple of questions. I am not clear on the difference between the Life Stages and iCrate models. Can anyone elaborate? Is the gauge of the wire the same or is one heavier / sturdier? Life Stages is more expensive so I thought maybe this was the main difference.

If anyone has either of those models in a 42 inch size, can you give me the folded dimensions?

My car is not big. I can't put a crate in the back seat, it has to be folded in the trunk. I don't want to buy one and find out it won't fit by a half inch or something.

Any help will be appreciated.

Senior Dog
    i'd call the company and they will clearly explain and then you don't have to guess.

The iCrates are a bit narrower Width wise than the Life Stages crates. The Life Stages crates also usually have a second door, where iCrates usually do not. We typically use Life Stages-type crates in the house and have iCrates for traveling. Not sure of the exact folded dimensions, you'd likely have to call the company. However, for a good estimate you can use the Width & Length (in this case 42") and then the folded Height is usually only about 4 or 5".
    Darcy Litzinger
    Hidden Content
    UKC CH Hayshaker's Kinderwood Charmed One CD PCD RA CGC aka Piper, born 12/21/2008
    Am GCH CH UKC CH Hayshaker Kinderwood Where R U Xmas CD RN aka Faith, born 12/24/2009
    Am CH Kinderwood Peppermint Mocha aka Mocha, born 12/21/2011
    Kinderwood N Hayshaker's Funhouse aka Pink, born 03/19/2013
    Hidden Content

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LabLady101 For This Useful Post:

ckfalz (05-28-2014)

Thanks. I contacted the company and received vague answers. They could not even tell me the folded height specifically for a particular crate, just gave me a general range that most will fall in. I'm trying to determine my available spaces and what all will fit so they weren't very helpful. I may have to fall back on buying one with the backup plan to return it if necessary.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

Franny's Life Stages single door crate is 42.5" x 28.5" x 3" folded. The number on the front looks like 1642. I'm assuming that's a model number? Our other crates have lost their tags so I'm not sure exactly which ones they are.

I really like this crate and assume that the others are the same type even though they have different numbers of doors. They are really sturdy and durable and relatively easy to haul around.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to janedoe For This Useful Post:

ckfalz (05-28-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos