while the patient recovers...

What do you do while your fur-baby is recovering from surgery???

Emmy had a lipoma removed on 9/9. They kept her overnight (good for her medically, heartbreaking for me). Picked her up 9/10.
    I took time off from work so she wasn't left unattended, which is good since she was sent home with a drain.
    So in my down time I've done some laundry, switched summer clothes out of the closet, light cleaning (nothing loud b/c of the patient), and finally checking the forum after about 1 month.
    But now going crazy because I feel like I'm a prisoner of my own home and have nothing else to do. Granted I don't want to leave because of Emmy's condition, but UGH!

And as for a smile to the story... yesterday was our 9 year wedding anniversary.... what did we do, picked our fur-baby up from surgery and had hot dogs for our romantic anniversary dinner.

Me and DW spent a many anniversaries in a simular boat too. Hope Emmy's ok.

Sounds like the surgery went well. It's so hard when they have to spend the night away. How about reading Emmy a good book? During quiet times I keep a few jigsaw puzzles on hand. Of course, there is always cleaning out cabinets and closets, UGH. Then there's the frig.

Happy Anniversary!

Senior Dog
    The things we do for our pups.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos