Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Puppy

The fam update. I missed you all!

Hi guys, I've missed you all! The last 3 months have been so upheaved and crazy, I haven't had time to do much on the web. I noticed when the board went offline, but I haven't had time to re register.

Here's a quick list of all the stuff that's been going on:

I had successful back surgery and just finished physical therapy. I had to send Keisha, our 8 yr young black lab, to a friend of ours for the first week while I healed bc she's so crazy we were afraid she'd knock me over or make me fall. It broke my heart not to have my sweetie next to me, but she had a blast playing with her 2 friends, one of which is only 2 yrs old. I'm very grateful to my friends for taking her and taking good care of her! They said she was "the perfect dog" - I nearly laughed, because it's hard for a dog to be bad when they're so exhausted from playing with 2 buddies all day that they fall asleep instantly every night! No lie, Keisha slept for 2 days straight when she got home. I'm pretty sure that she was very happy to be home. I lost the use of the nerve in my Achillies tendon from the damage from the herniation, so I can't tippy toe anymore, but I have no pain. Who needs to tippy toe anyway?

My husband has been unemployed off and on for the past 4 months. So he's been keeping house and training Keisha while I'm at work. She's still batsh** crazy for an 8 yr old, but she's getting better at listening at least.

Our busy season at work is upon us, and I've been working 12-14 hrs a day, 6 days a week. It makes me feel guilty when I don't get to spend time with my pups. But Keisha and Sugar do their best happy dances when I get home, so it almost makes it worth it. Keisha relapsed a little when I started working so much, but I explained to my husband what he had to do to get her back in shape, so they're working on it.

Keisha's "alerts" have gotten much better and more accurate, with longer lead times. She finally figured out that we wanted her to do what she's doing, and she's very happy to do it. Sugar, however, is backsliding. Since she listens to hubby more than me, I've been making him work with her too.

Something new to me: Keisha, the purebred Lab, hates water. She won't put a toe in a pond, pool, or ocean. Giving her a bath taxed every muscle in my body, and she wouldn't come anywhere near me or the bathroom for a week. You know that look you get from a lab when they are NOT happy with you? I got it for 2 days straight. She was pretty pissed.

I hope everyone has been doing good while I was away! I missed this board.

Senior Dog
    glad you're on the mend!
    slow and steady.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bett For This Useful Post:

Lean Rabbit (09-13-2014)

Thanks for your update.
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

So glad to see you back. Happy to hear the surgery went well. With your long work days, it a blessing that your DH is at home, keeping up with the furkids.

Good to see you back and thanks for the update.
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

welcome back

Glad to hear that your surgery was a success, and that you're back with us.
    Kathy--mom to:
    Mac--chocolate lab
    Scotty--Arabian gelding

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses.
    (Herman Melville Redburn)

Welcome back! I had a full fusion done 3 weeks ago, I feel your pain, lol! It is definitely not a fun recovery. I am really glad you are feeling so much better!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Happy healing.

Glad you are healing well, and honestly who tippy toes as an adult? It sounds like your hubby is doing a great job in helping take care of you and the dogs so that's wonderful.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos