few more brands Chili likes

just wanted to share that out of all the foods I have fed Chili over the last year, these links below (canidae/natures variety) are by far his favorites so far. His 2 least favorite flavors have been duck and salmon flavors. just ordered a bag of earthborn holistic great plains/bison to try next.

His least favorite has been pro plan sport salmon as I had to stop feeding it and throw away cause he wouldnt eat it after a coupe weeks.

Chili gets so excited when its time to eat with the raw boost venison that he wont quit pawing me/using his nose to try to pick me up letting me know its time for me to feed him at exactly 7am and 6pm on the dot lol...he has ever done that with any other food.

only downside is that its so expensive.

I am not an expert, but just sharing 2 brands/flavors that chili loves to eat.

Amazon.com : Instinct Raw Boost Grain-Free Venison s Variety 4.1 lb Bag : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : CANIDAE Grain Free Pure Land with Fresh Bison for Dogs : Dry Pet Food : Pet Supplies
    Amateur pet owner
    Hidden Content
    Chili born 7/21/2013

Hey, you could just keep moving on up and get some prepackaged raw! Sounds like Chili is a fan of the dehydrated bits. You'll never look back.
    Charlie and Burton

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebbarkin View Post
    Hey, you could just keep moving on up and get some prepackaged raw! Sounds like Chili is a fan of the dehydrated bits. You'll never look back.
    LOL...Yay, I support this idea for Chili!

this has crossed my mind, I always did like the jeffersons
    Amateur pet owner
    Hidden Content
    Chili born 7/21/2013

here is a list of foods chili has eaten in no particular order.

all brands below Chili has eaten but Fromm may have caused loose stools as a pup and PP salmon chili had a phase of not eating)

The breeder fed black gold sold at TSC stores. $40 for 50lb bag.

His next bag will be Annamaet Manitok - Red Meat Formula.

feel free to suggest other brands to try.

Amateur pet owner
    Hidden Content
    Chili born 7/21/2013

Mine have eaten all grain free varieties of Annamaet and like them. I've yet to find a food they won't chow down on though. They're eating Canidae at the moment, they tried Verus a few months ago and liked it. I haven't gotten into ordering food online. There's a store close to me that carries enough varieties higher end food if I want that, and PetSmart and Petco close by if I want to get those foods. I think I can find the "perfect" food for my dogs without having to order it.

Wow, I just looked for a Tractor Supply place, they're at least 20 miles from me, and they still have Gravy Train dog food! I thought that was long gone. The ingredients and nutritional analysis isn't tempting me even though I know some of our dogs when I was growing up ate Gravy Train. Mmm, make sure to add water to get that gravy to form.

Chili has sure had a variety! Bet he loves you for it!
    "The dog was created specially for children, he is the God of frolic"
    -Henry Ward Beecher
    Hidden Content

I notice the grain free foods produce less eye goop and you are right, chili eats anything As he is still growing/thickening out, I am trying to observe any differences in coat/muscle mass...Cant really tell any difference yet between any of the above foods, except he really really liked that raw boost food. dont know if it was the raw or the venison or what, but thats the only food that had a difference so far in his behavior towards it. It makes me feel good to feed chili food he likes and different varieties. looking forward to trying more brands.
    Amateur pet owner
    Hidden Content
    Chili born 7/21/2013

Have you fed Farmina yet? Hi-Tek Naturals isn't having to bad of results with my big dogs. Except Emma has gas.
    "The dog was created specially for children, he is the God of frolic"
    -Henry Ward Beecher
    Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos