Puppy

Pebbles and excersice

Everyone has been very nice with welcoming us to the group. I must say I am a little afraid of what Pebbles may have up her sleeve. Most say that the border collie in her will make her very hyper. We must be lucky so far she has not been bad at all.
    She does like to chew a bit but we watch her all the time. My other dog plays with here constantly and they rough house a bit. Does anyone think that this playing may keep her busy?? My daughter plays with her outside and runs around the yard with her daily as well. We cant seem to get her to fetch yet either.
    What are your thoughts on any of my issues here

That's nice for physical stimulation. Make sure she has mental stimulation as well, especially if she has BC in her. Training sessions, even just one to three times per day for five minutes each, are great. A basic obedience class would be great and I highly recommend it even if she seems to have the basics down. And from there you might have fun in agility, rally, obedience, nose work, barn hunts, and so forth.

Sounds like she's getting great exercise. Like Labradorks said, she also needs the mental stimulation. Without that, she'll find things to get into.

A puppy will need more than just playing with another dog to keep it happy and out of trouble. However with a young puppy you really do not want to do any forced exercising such as forcing them to run with you either by biking or jogging. The suggestions of mental stimulation is very great idea. It is amazing how our Lab is exhausted after using her brain.
    "The dog was created specially for children, he is the God of frolic"
    -Henry Ward Beecher
    Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos