Thread: Windows!

Windows!

The new windows are going in right now.

House was built in 1968 and had it's original windows. They were surprisingly tight but really needed to go. The screens were definitely shot.

Did what I call the front half of the house years ago, living room and kitchen. Now both bathrooms and bedrooms are being done. Gosh they look good and I'll no longer have to prop open the bathroom window to keep it from slamming down. And, thank heavens, they are the tip in kind. No more trying to wash them from the outside, water running down my arm, etc.

We asked that the two in the back be done first. That way, the baby gate can be closed and the furkids will stay in the kitchen and be able to go out back. Mardi is completely oblivious, LOL. Archie is interested and was pacing at first but quickly calmed down. I heard the installer laughing and checked in the spare bedroom. Window was out and Archie had his paws up on the sill getting pets.

Removed curtains as requested but also moved furniture and such away from the windows. The last windows we had replaced were changed to bay windows and it took a lot of inside and outside work. This is all being done from the outside so I think we over-prepped. Oh well, got a lot of extra cleaning done.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (09-23-2014)

Senior Dog
    funny how archie paced then wanted loving.

That sounds great!! Archie's a good supervisor.

It's all done and I'm surprised how fast it went. Installers said the framing, etc, when the old windows were taken out was in great shape. They started about 7:30 and finished just before noon. Wow, they look good. Archie kept checking on them; he was such a good boy.

One more big project done. A few more to go but will probably wait to spring to redo the bathroom then on to gutting the basement and redoing it.

I couldn't get the pics to come up . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamps View Post
    I couldn't get the pics to come up . . ?
    LOL, got the hint.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos