Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No, sorry, not a new pet. Little Bruiser is my new car, a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I wanted to keep the 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee going longer but some repairs and needing new tires for winter made us re-consider. I'm calling him Bruiser for his colours, black and blue. He's black inside and dark blue outside. Like a big bruise and I get a kick out of the double meaning because while he is a real 4x4 he sure isn't a big bruiser. Actually, he's nearly the same dimensions outside as my '03 JGC but cargo space is much reduced, however I think he'll work for my needs.

We drove to Algonqin Park on Monday and hit the colour just right. Some leaves down in the heights of the park but lots to see the whole way around, it was beautiful.

Little Bruiser at Oxtongue Rapids, west of the park.

Oban and I at the Oxtongue Rapids. We've had lots of rain this fall and some rocks we can usually walk on to out nearly the middle of the river are way under fast water this year. Oban got some pets from two lady artists taking a break from their painting. We always find a group of painters here in the fall.

Sorry, the pics are not going where I want them to but I think you can figure them out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscn4065-web-jpg   -dscn4057-web-jpg  

I love the name! I'm starting to think about my next car, but it'll still be a while. The Jeep Cherokee is on my list.

Best Friend Retriever Gibbysmom's Avatar
    Congrats!!! Thats the color I wanted. I bought a 2014 last March, but I wanted a Diesel and there weren't many to choose from in all of the Phoenix area. So mine is the dark grey, Summit 4x4. I'm really happy with it. Enjoy your new Jeep!!! I had that 3M clear film put all over the back bumper so my two labs wouldn't scratch up the paint jumping in the back since I'm always taking them in it. Very Glad I did.

Nice car and nice scenery! Congratulations!
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Wow, the colours in the park are beautiful. Love the new Jeep. We got one a couple of years ago and are very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftHer View Post
    I love the name! I'm starting to think about my next car, but it'll still be a while. The Jeep Cherokee is on my list.
    Thanks. We seriously looked at the Ford Escape and the Subaru Forester. The Escape is absolutely flat when the back seats are down but it's not a real 4x4. The Forester is much improved inside since we looked two years ago but there is a class action suit looming about an oil consumption problem. The Forester has about a 1.5 inch hump in the back when the seats are flat. The back is in two levels, both flat, but this step/hump between which is peculiar. I could have gotten my 30" high crate into both the Escape and the Forester but not the Cherokee.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbysmom View Post
    Congrats!!! Thats the color I wanted. I bought a 2014 last March, but I wanted a Diesel and there weren't many to choose from in all of the Phoenix area. So mine is the dark grey, Summit 4x4. I'm really happy with it. Enjoy your new Jeep!!! I had that 3M clear film put all over the back bumper so my two labs wouldn't scratch up the paint jumping in the back since I'm always taking them in it. Very Glad I did.
    Thank you. I think you must have the Grand Cherokee? There is no Summit in the Cherokee. There is no way to scratch paint at the back bumper of the Cherokee but the bumper is strange and I put a strip of rubber on it for a step pad. This model is so new there are not a lot of accessories like that for it yet. I put the 3M stuff on as a clear bra at the front. At the front there is a lot of paint. My old Jeep had bumper, grill and headlights with very little paint. All the new cars seem to have a lot of paint at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Berna View Post
    Nice car and nice scenery! Congratulations!
    Thank you. We are very happy with the mileage too, much better than my old '03 JGC yet this one is heavier and the engine is smaller. I'm actually beating the EPA on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Wow, the colours in the park are beautiful. Love the new Jeep. We got one a couple of years ago and are very happy with it.
    Thank you. We went Monday and beat the rain that started Monday night. Lots of leaves down now. Did you buy the Liberty a few years ago? The Cherokee replaces the Liberty, which replaced the original Cherokee about 12 or so years ago. I think when they make such dramatic changes as this they should come up with a new model name, not revive an old one.

Best Friend Retriever Gibbysmom's Avatar
    Oops, your right mine is a Grand Cherokee. New cars are always fun.....except for the price tag part....LOL

beautiful road trip! and the jeep looks cute! i too kept my old Grand Cherokee running as long as possible...it was the 1st one, and I looked at one of your style when I got the Durango a couple of years ago, but gosh they held their value well, I couldn't afford one! I haven't really seen any of the new Cherokees on the road yet, but they look nice in the ads.

So glad to see Oban out for a walk! how is he doing with his digestion and his mobility?

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos