Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amazing Off Leash Recall Dogtra Pager Collar'' Truffles''

most fascinating training tool on the planet!

that dog deserves a HUGE amount of treats.
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Senior Dog
    You do great stuff Kelly.

Puppy
    Not so amazing for an e-collar.

interesting. you can do this with or without an e collar. right dog, right training.

Puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by bueller View Post
    Not so amazing for an e-collar.
    For the folks who are relatively new to the forum after the big crash...this poster does not know how Kelly uses the collar in the majority of her training. There is the assumption that the zap was used, which prompted the rude reply. Most of us are old enough to understand what happens when one assumes.

Bueller, welcome to the forum. We love debates here in the forum, but in order to keep the flow of different opinions, we ask you to be respectful in offering a contrasting opinion. Not everyone is going to agree on everything, type of training methods, etc.

I can train a dog with a shoe lace, but is it the most efficient method? Nope. Just like people who have learned about prong collars, and other tools of the trade. Many members of the forum have converted to a tool they voiced the opinion against in the past.

Again, offer your opinion in a respectful manner and you may find more people might be open to listening to said opinion.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to battmain For This Useful Post:

Dallas dawg (10-10-2014), Maxx&Emma (10-10-2014)

Puppy
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend, in a hurry and you shouldn't be so judgemental. Let me rephrase that, how would the dog do without wearing the e collar in that same situation? I know e collars work but what if the dog wasn't wearing the collar? Does a dog always have to wear one?

Puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by bueller View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend, in a hurry and you shouldn't be so judgemental. Let me rephrase that, how would the dog do without wearing the e collar in that same situation? I know e collars work but what if the dog wasn't wearing the collar? Does a dog always have to wear one?
    I think we have to remember the written word can be taken out of context and I know that personally, I make the effort to ensure that my written word is not taken out of context based on my replies. The folks who have been around can attest to that, even when the debates get heated. Even so, people still read replies wrong. You did not offend me at all, but I was simply making a point based only on your reply relative to the topic of the thread.

Continuing on, the answer to your questions:
    - Depends on what level the dog has reached in the training. Not everyone believes in an e-collar to do their training.
    - Same answer as above.
    - No, except if a proper structured flow was not followed in the training, it takes a little more time to correct the issue. In the industry, we call that a collar-wise dog. For extreme cases they make fake collars, but within a week the majority of us can see a noticeable difference in anything that we are teaching the dog. Once the dog has learned the basics, the training is polished up around distractions. That is why you see many of the OP's videos at public places with people or other dogs as the distraction. Also the Dogtra collar has a vibration mode, which is what prompted my reply about the zap. No zap is used based on comments in the past from the OP.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to battmain For This Useful Post:

kellymccoy (11-09-2014)

Hi Battmain I really don't even debate with those type responses from Bueller its an exercise in futility. and Yes You are right that dog has a conditioned response to the pager and anyone who does not think that is pretty pretty work does not know dog training!! that's why I don't debate with people like that becomes exasperating!! . I have dozens of these type videos with many different dogs its not about what a dog does without the collar its about being able to use that fascinating tool to get outstanding results on any dog.

Do you have a video of it in regular time?
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos