Gardening - an unexpected effect.

The neighbor I have been helping out has another house and he's been there for most of the summer. It used to be his vacation home but he's thinking about staying there now that he's having some physical problems. That house is relatively new but the one he has here is an historic home which he hasn't done much with since he bought it forty years ago.

He came back yesterday for the afternoon and said that he wants to sell in a few years, likes the work I've done, thinks I would take care of it and wants to know if we want to buy it.

I would love to restore this home but I'm not certain that he understands the extent of the work that needs to be done. So I'm cautiously excited about the possibility but I don't want to offend by saying that it's not worth a lot. I guess we'll see in a couple of years.

Gives you plenty of time to think about it. Maybe he will recognize the real condition it is in and price it reasonably.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

janedoe (10-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Gives you plenty of time to think about it. Maybe he will recognize the real condition it is in and price it reasonably.
    It needs help sooner rather than later. I hope it doesn't wind up being one of those that winds up on the market for years.

Nice. But consider he might be a very smart neighbour who sees a marketing opportunity that could benefit him. Has the house been designated with some kind of status making it a historical home by whatever agency does that where you live?

Not to sound like a gold digger but if you are interested in it and he's starting to have psychical issues, have him put it in his will/living will stipulating something like the house is to be first offered for sale to you for fair market value. That way you have the first right of refusal if you decide you don't want it juts in case (god forbid) something happens to him prematurely.
    At the Bridge
    Pinks - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 12/30/10 - 5/12/23
    Maddie - Chessie - 3/6/10 - 6/25/22
    Purps (Pinks sister) - Black Lab/mix -(Back with us 1/1/18) 12/30/10 - 4/7/21
    Gracie - Yellow Lab - 10/23/05 - 9/6/18
    Nozomi (Zoe) - BC/Lab - Got ya 9/5/09 - 3/19/15
    Abbey - Yellow Lab - Got ya - 5/8/09 - 4/22/11
    Cheanna - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 5/99 - 9/21/10
    Buddy (Bubba) - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 11/2/02 - 3/28/10
    Amber - Yellow Lab/Dobi - Got ya 8/1989 - 5/15/01

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos