Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Free To A Good Home

For a short time. Poor Archie is just not getting his usual amount of exercise with me being under the weather. DH gets him out as much as possible but he needs more.

He needs more activity. He's a good boy, neutered, well behaved, walks well on a leash. He will try to check out what's on the counter though. He has tons of energy and loves his outings.

Opened the gate to the back corner of the yard where there are the most squirrels to give him more exercise but it's a little muddy back there. I can see it in his eyes, asking for a ride, a free run, heck even a trip to Bass Pro. Been doing a lot of work on recognizing names of toys. I'll throw a bunch off the deck and ask him to bring me a particular one. He's started bringing them almost to me and running off, not good, but there's no way I can do any bending down or serious training.

Even Mardi has been giving me the stink eye lately.

OK, just kidding but I do feel bad for him.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (10-12-2014), barry581 (10-12-2014), sheltieluver (10-13-2014)

Scared me for a minute Fran!! I hope you start getting back to normal soon!

Opie's the same when I couldn't get out with him. He gets his little ornriness. I just right now got back from a 5 mile walk with him and he's already on his bed next to me on the floor OUT like a LIGHT!! lol

Senior Dog
    i know exactly how you meant it and mean it.

i am guilt ridden every day that i don't walk the labbies more. eli gets his walk daily and they do too, but not long enough. i know it but i just caaaaant.

Best Friend Retriever Polly Pipkin's Avatar
    They sure are used to getting their daily exercise - hope you are soon feeling better, Fran! Take care!!
    Hidden Content Katy & Polly

Hidden Content

Duchess Jan. 31, 2000 - Dec. 18, 2011, Always in our hearts

Senior Dog
    It's rough. I was down with a bug this weekend and Kimber got quite demanding. I felt awful having to bring her back inside after just a few minutes of play outside, but I focused on "the more I baby myself now, the sooner I'll be back to normal". It also helps that Kimber has about 1/3 the energy she did as a youngster.

I've shared this story before, but it's relevant. When she was about 9 months old, DH had to go out of town and I came down with a bad cold. Whenever I tried to nap, she'd jump on the bed and try to wrestle. I finally had to get a pet sitter to come and play with her because she and I were driving each other crazy: I needed to recuperate and she needed to exercise.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

LOL My first thought was you were looking for a home for yourself since you said in another thread that DD and DH had things to attend to. I figured you needed/wanted some looking after yourself. Or wait, didn't everyone decide you could go to Bett's house?

REally, feeling better?

I hope you're better soon. Can you hire a pet walker for a while till you're poorly?

Oh, I'm sure Mocha would love to sign up for the job of exercising Archie!

Hope you feel better soon.

Archie was not so interested in going out today, torrential rains. Plus, DH is home today so he'll get plenty of inside exercise.

Thanks for the idea of a dog walker. Don't know why I had not thought of that.

Feeling much better today, more energy and much less pain. Tomorrow appointment to my regular doctor and another week wait to see the urologist.

Tomorrow will be busy with the trip to be with NancyO and then back home to DH's birthday. Pretty sure I'll crash tomorrow night but will not let this get me down for these two important events.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos