Senior Dog

French bull dog hilarity

I apologize in advance for not having pictures, but I think this board (and esp Bett) would enjoy this.

A relative got married this weekend in the wedding couple's house. It was a very laidback affair- ceremony in the backyard, reception in the house- and their French bull dog, LeRoy, had the run of the house the entire day. He looked quite snazzy in his bow tie. During the ceremony, he cruised the rows of chairs, demanding belly rubs and rubbing up against anyone in black pants (he's fawn colored). Every now and then he'd wander towards the front where his owners were, but he'd get distracted by little kids bearing cheerios or black pants to defile...until the pastor came to the "Speak now or forever hold your piece" section of the ceremony. For whatever reason, LeRoy took that as his cue and abandoned the pants and cheerios to go running up the aisle and sit on the bride's train! Much laughter ensued.

During the reception, LeRoy was the host with the most, always seeking out the largest groups of people and demanding attention. He could often be found in the middle of the dance floor, taking a little nap. One time he got over-excited when a little girl was dancing and started jumping around and then humping her (oops!).

Big applause to the caterers who had been warned of LeRoy's tendency to be underfoot- many times they had to do some dancing themselves while carrying platters of food because LeRoy sprang out of nowhere to get in the way.

By the end, LeRoy was totally crashed out- yes, in the middle of the reception tables.

DH and I agreed that LeRoy was adorable, but we'll stick with labradors!
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

bett (10-20-2014), MikeLynn (10-20-2014), sheltieluver (10-20-2014)

Such a cute story. I love it that they included him and let him be himself.

Can just visualize little Leroy being the star of the ceremony and reception. Sounds like it was a wonderful wedding.

Senior Dog
    yes, they are clowns who like to be the center of attention.

very cute. lucky he didnt pee on her train.

OMG so cute and the humping just cracked me up. I got the mental picture in my head.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos