Getting frustrated

Still dealing with fleas:/ I went a few weeks of not finding anything on the cats when I flea combed them wohoo I thought it was finally gone. Within the last week I noticed them scatching again, flea combed them and sure enough the buggers are back. Could these still be fleas that never hatched?

So it begins again spraying washing bedding ( they can't lay eggs if all my animals are on proventitive correct?) Vacuming again daily. The cats are on frontline haven't taken them off since the problem started and I give it exactly every 30 days. The dogs are on trifexis haven't found one on them at all!!!

Just wish they would go away. I can't even imagine when I see people who come in with their animals loaded what they have to deal with. Finding one or two a day tho this morning I found 5 total on the cats is enough to get me itchy and tearing the house apart.

I buy siphatrol (sp?) from my work. I read something about deluding tea tree oIL and spraying to repel them any thoughts on this. I'll fill a bottLe and spray my house if it would get rid of them. Help!!!!

Dam buggers!

Can you take your fur crew to the vet for the day to get treated. Then spend the day at the house tearing it apart and cleaning. Not fun but did really help here. I used Zodiac products since they kill the eggs too.

Wonder if they are getting reinfested outside. The yard can be treated; I also used the Zodiac product for that. Spray around the outside of the house including door steps with a pet friendly product. Don't forget the basement.

It does sound like there are some eggs hatching somewhere.

Good luck.

I bathed my cats at home last week using dawn. I work at a vet and we don't really have a shampoo for fleas. I've used capstar which my vet said can be used daily. My cats are just indoor cats. We do treat our yard.

My best guess is they are mostly in the basement bc there are areas I can't get to that the cats like to hide and sleep. I just don't want them to be reproducing and laying more eggs. From what I read they need a blood meal then they will lay eggs 2 days later. If my anI'm als are on frontline they should be dead 12 to 24 hours later correct?

I just got Vetri repel from work it's a wipe and it repels them couldn't hurt could it?

Frontline stopped working for me a couple of years ago. Could that be the problem? I know it is frustrating, I hope you get it under control soon.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Ugh, I know the feeling. I dealt with my own flea problems last week. I washed every fabric surface in my house that could fit in the washing machine and sprinkled food grade DE on everything else. Couches and rugs got sprinkled and I even dusted some onto Lily and gave her a bath at the end of the day. Vacuumed everything up and wiped down all my hard surfaces. I was beat after all this and my apartment at school is only ~450 sq ft.

The only other time we dealt with fleas was when Daisy was a puppy and the frontline failed. We had been applying it diligently but it did not work on the fleas in our area. We did comfortis for a few months until the apartment was completely flea free and then we switched to advantix.

Is there anyway to tackle just the basement and then seal it off from the animals for a few days?

I sprayed the heck out of the basement last night and closed it off I brought 2 litter boxes up since that's where they are at and kept the cats up stairs for the night. I only found one flea tonight after combing all 6 the one I found this morning was dead so the frontline must be working.

Prob is I don't know long I had them before realizing I had them so those buggers had time to lay lots of eggs bc my cats wernt on anything.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos