Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick-not great

Senior Dog

Nick-not great

ok, i wanna say I'm surprised but I'm not. his leg is so compromised in terms of circulation from the original accident-they cut off the cast and i saw a large green stain and it stunk.

bottom line, a large 5-6 inch deep gaping wound. they had to debride,(i thought he would pull the leather off the table he was on) and a visiting nurse will be assigned to clean with a bleach like liquid. till then, i have to wash with saline and stuff (yes, stuff) the wound till she gets here and she better get here soon.

my friend cristina, the shrink, offered to come and do it , if i cant. but i know nick will rather i do it, so i will attempt and pray the nurse gets to me sooner than later.

he on antibiotic for 2 weeks, mentioned he wasn't happy and if it doesn't heal, he will need surgery and a flap (different than a graft). and we go back in two weeks for him to check it.

I'm now weepy but not in front of him who is trying to be ok, and really, i don't think he's surprised either. tho he wanted to pretend it would be fine. this was one of my concerns from before the surgery.

now, we need to pray big time, that it heals on it's own. ugly is ok, and a crevice is ok, just heal.
    bummed to the max.

Ah shoot! And that's not what I really want to say. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope they get the wound nurse on the job ASAP, for everyone's sake. Ugh, so very sorry.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

bett (10-23-2014)

Senior Dog
    Oh, jeez, Betty....

I'm really sorry to hear this...it's just one thing after another for you (and Nick) to deal with this year.

Good thoughts that the nurse will get there soon and Nick will heal the best way possible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

bett (10-23-2014)

Oh carp. That doesn't sound good at all.

Sending healing thoughts and hugs to both of you. And doing a dance to the nursing gods that she gets there soon.

P.S.
    And not a naked dance...don't want to scare them instead of invoke them.
    Hidden Content
    Abby
    ​Decisions, decisions, decisions

Hidden Content

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Cheryl Zuccaro

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue For This Useful Post:

bett (10-23-2014), Dallas dawg (10-23-2014)

Senior Dog
    im bummed.

Senior Dog
    Dang Betty that just sucks. After all you both ( mostly you) have done and now this. Does he leave it open now, a removable cast thing?

Damn! Good thoughts coming your way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dallas dawg For This Useful Post:

bett (10-23-2014)

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas dawg View Post
    Dang Betty that just sucks. After all you both ( mostly you) have done and now this. Does he leave it open now, a removable cast thing?

Damn! Good thoughts coming your way.
    it's in a boot, non weight bearing, can take it off but not get it wet. the dressing stays in the wound (yes, in) and wrapped. what the nurse will do, is anyone's guess. i just want her here.

Betty oh no. That sounds awful but I am hoping with the cast off and the antibiotics will clear this up. Lots of good thoughts.

nancy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nancy0 For This Useful Post:

bett (10-23-2014)

That sounds just awful. Sending good thoughts and prayers and an extra strong stomach for you!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

bett (10-23-2014)

Prayers and strength. I hope that the nurse can come quickly.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jax's Mom For This Useful Post:

bett (10-23-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos