Forum icons and thread names

I know that after what the Forum's been through in the last few days it would be ludicrous to call it a problem, but I wonder if I'm the only one who's noticed it or has it
    Guess it would be useful to provide some tech specs: Safari 7.0.3 / Mac OS X 10.9.2

1) The forum icons are supposed to indicate new posts

After visiting the forum and opening all new threads they, however, remain the same (orange/ocher) although no new posts have been added. When I double-click the icon, it turns blue as it should, but the minute I reload the page it goes back indicating new posts again although nothing has been added.

2) Thread names should be bolded only if they contain new posts, but they stay bolded even after opening them and closing them several times and again, no new posts have been added.

The first thread was opened and closed three times in a row and it's still bold and basically all of them behave the same way. I've been using the same software and hardware since September 2013 when I joined and never experienced the first problem until now. As for the other one it used to happen with some threads every now and then, but it would come and go, never lasted longer than a few days. Now it happens to all threads all the time.

As I said I realize that there are probably a lot more important issues to take care of now and don't know how many people have this particular "problem". Just thought it might be a good idea to report it.

Senior Dog
    I noticed both of these issues for the first time just today....and it seems random....sometimes things change but other times they don't. (I'm using IE 11 if it makes any difference)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

MikeLynn (05-24-2014)

Best Friend Retriever Polly Pipkin's Avatar
    Mine is working fine, but I use Chrome. Sometimes, IE doesn't behave as well as it should on this forum.
    Hidden Content Katy & Polly

Hidden Content

Duchess Jan. 31, 2000 - Dec. 18, 2011, Always in our hearts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Polly Pipkin For This Useful Post:

MikeLynn (05-24-2014)

Surprisingly, there's been some improvement: some of the old links are not in bold anymore and even some of the forum icons are blue when there's no new post, but it's far from what it used to be. For example this thread remains bold no matter how many times I open it and the same thing applies to the forum icon: orange, orange, orange.
    Last edited by MikeLynn; 05-24-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: ETA

I changed a setting let me know if it works better.
    Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

MikeLynn (05-24-2014)

Thanks for keeping working on the site Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I changed a setting let me know if it works better.
    Thank you for trying, Woody, but no real change here: I opened the first four threads in Ask the Admin, read them, and after closing them they all remained bold and even the forum icon remained orange signaling new posts/threads although there weren't any. It's not a serious problem, but it requires pretty good memory as otherwise you end up opening threads you've already read. Thank you for all the time you're spending on wrestling with all these issues. M
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Great news!!! Happy to announce that all thread titles and forum icons are behaving the way they're supposed to - in bold when containing new posts, normal when read, icons orange when there new posts inside, blue when read. Exactly the way it was. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos