Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cup Cakes

Cup Cakes

So my daughter (who is 20 btw) signed up at a local chain craft store to take a cake decorating course. She thought it would be fun and her mom like baking etc. When she signed up there were a couple of other people on the list so it was ago. The store said there had to be a least 2 people signed up for it to go forth.

She bought a book and supplies and baked some cup cakes and went to the store. When she got there they had cancelled it because the others dropped out and nobody had enough courtesy to call her and tell her. So she is out money for supplies and the time she took to bake and go to the store etc. The manager of the store was no help, you think he would have ponied up a gift card. She did get her money back for the course.

She was pretty bummed that the store let her down by not calling so she did this up for my poker buddies tonight. Trust me with these guys, sweets go a long way.

Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

Bamps (10-25-2014)

Those are beautiful! Wish I had one now.
    Really sorry it ended up the way it did, doesn't seem to be
    fair
    nice
    polite
    or none of the above.
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

First attempt - awesome. I've not taken a class, just gotten some books and dove in. Find the biggest asset is practice, practice, practice. There are tons of videos on U-Tube that are a great help too.

Sorry she was not treated fair by the store. I have a feeling I know which one it is.

She really is not out the supplies. Decorating supplies last forever when cared for properly. I even lucked out and picked up a set of 30 decorating tips at a yard sale for $2. That's less than the cost of 1 in the store. Encourage her to keep trying new stuff. Wilton puts out some great soft cover books that explain in detail about piping/decorating. You and your buddies are just going to have to play more poker to keep up with her projects.

I've done basic fondant work but would like to take a class in that.

Score for you and your poker buddies! They look lovely.

The cupcakes look great. Sorry she had a bad experience. Hope she signs up far another class elsewhere.

Thanks everyone. I guess you are right she can still use the supplies and she mentioned looking into other places to take some classes.
    Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

Screw ups happen, it was nice someone benefitted from this one. Bet your poker buddies are hoping for a repeat?

I signed up for a course once. The organizers changed the location to a bigger room in a completely different building on the other side of town and told everyone except the teacher. LOL, fortunately for all of us it was a small town and she figured it out.

That's too bad.

Those look tasty. Pumpkin with cream cheese frosting?
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Pretty cupcakes! I'm sorry that the class didn't come through but Fran is right - the supplies will last indefinitely. I've taken a number of classes and they are a lot of fun. She may want to try again.

Very pretty!!!!! I bet the guys loved it.

I have always wanted to do a cake decorating class but it never works out, 1st class go cancelled, 2nd class I had to go to the emergency vet with my dog .... so maybe 3rd time lucky will be what works out for me - haven't found another class yet.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos