Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Walker Fee

Dog Walker Fee

Think I've found the perfect dog walker for Archie! Talked to our vet and she recommended one of my favorite vet techs. Right now she is working as a vet tech and does pet sitting. She said she would be more than willing to stop by every afternoon and get Archie out for a good walk. Really like this girl and she knows Archie. She's going to start Monday.

Only problem I foresee is Archie being hesitant about going with her but once he realizes he's getting a good walk, I think he will be more than ready to go. Going to have a bag of Archie's favorite treats ready for her which will catch his attention fast.

Asked her per price and she said whatever I felt was fair. What should I pay her taking into consideration I feel she is about the perfect fit?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (10-25-2014), WhoopsaDaisy (10-25-2014)

I couldn't tell ya, I've never hired one. I would say min wage at least but ?. It's just great that you already know her and like her though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bamps For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (10-26-2014)

My dog walker charges $18 for a half hour visit. When I use kids in the neighborhood, I usually give them $10 for a half hour walk.
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Georgia For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (10-26-2014)

Lucky you! I would love to find one! I had one for a short time and she charged me 15 dollars a visit - I thought this was cheap but she was flaky and didn't show up once. I interviewed another guy that cost more (I can't remember - 20?) but I didn't like him. Daycare costs about $19 a day (less if you buy in bulk). Hope that helps
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoopsaDaisy For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (10-26-2014)

I do petsitting on the side and Charge 15 dollars per half hour visit for one dog some dog walkers in the area charge 18 per visit for half hour.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (10-26-2014)

My in laws run a pet sitting business (Fetch Pet Care) and as a company (it's just them, husband and wife team) they charge $18 per walk, $15 if it's a daily walk.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doubledip1 For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (10-26-2014), WhoopsaDaisy (10-26-2014)

I am lucky enough to have a favorite vet tech as a dog walker as well! Lauren charged me $20.00 per day when I was working. She came at lunch time, took both out to potty and for some play time in the backyard. She then spent the rest of her lunch hour eating her lunch at my house, which gave her more time with the dogs. Thankfully my vet's office is only 5 minutes from my house. Since my surgery she has been coming to give both dogs a long walk in the afternoon, they are used to 2 couple mile walks daily. I have been paying her $40.00 per day. She comes 3 days per week, on days there is no one else at home to give them their long afternoon walk. It sounds like I am not paying enough for 2 dogs, maybe I need to have a talk with her. I trust her completely, she has a key and the alarm code to my house not to mention the care of my precious babies! A trustworthy dog walker/pet sitter is so important, they deserve a good wage, IMHO.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (10-26-2014), sheltieluver (10-26-2014)

Thanks all for the info.

This will go on until I get this dam stent out and whatever recovery time needed after that. Archie really needs the exercise. He's getting into mischief; unrolling the TP roll and grabbing Kleenex out of the box.

Sounds like $20-$25 for a half hour walk to be fair since I know this is something she does not normally do and is doing it to help Archie and me out for the short term.

As an added bonus, I'll get some one-on-one time with Mardi. Win, Win.

Real Retriever Moby and Barley's Mom's Avatar
    Well - this is goof information which I may need soon. I have no idea what to pay, either. I hope you get better soon!!
    Forever in my heart - Sweet gentle Moby - lover of belly rubs, bacon, and Barbara 9-10-2001 to 11-2-2015

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Moby and Barley's Mom For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (10-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Thanks all for the info.

This will go on until I get this dam stent out and whatever recovery time needed after that. Archie really needs the exercise. He's getting into mischief; unrolling the TP roll and grabbing Kleenex out of the box.

Sounds like $20-$25 for a half hour walk to be fair since I know this is something she does not normally do and is doing it to help Archie and me out for the short term.

As an added bonus, I'll get some one-on-one time with Mardi. Win, Win.
    Fran, are you in pain still? If the stent is in place and you aren't in pain, you should ask your doctor if it is okay to exercise and walk and train Archie. The stent itself shouldn't keep you from your normal activity, unless the stone is passing or you are in pain (or both as the case may be).

Think about a weekly fee for walking and it may help you come up with a number, $50 a week for walking every day doesn't sound like a lot, maybe $60 a week? Does she have to travel to get to your house? Ask her if that sounds fair, and see what she thinks.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos