Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Puppy

So much for "labs will eat anything"!

I spilled a BUNCH of leftover taco meat in the kitchen, so I figured the first step in the cleanup would be to let Jake eat it.

Nope. He ate a couple of small pieces and then wanted no part of it. As a matter of fact, he put himself back outside (and started gulping water). It wasn't even very spicy!

That's hilarious. I should have sent Lark over.

You know how sriracha comes in these huge bottles that you won't use in the next 10 years? After her surgery from eating mulch and sticks, I thought a good dousing with sriracha would turn her off of mulch for good. Nope, she seriously wanted to eat more mulch and I had to rinse the mulch with the hose to get her away from it. I dropped a little piece of chipotle chili in adobo sauce on the floor last week, she scarfed that up and was looking for more. She'll also eat bars of soap, and dead cicadas have been a particular favorite this year. Some labs WILL eat anything! C'mon Jake, get with the program!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

The first time Thor ever begged for food was when we were eating pizza. My husband had a bottle of habanero hot sauce out and put a tiny dab on his finger and let Thor lick it off. He figured that would be a good 'no begging' lesson. Oh no, after a round of sneezing Thor was back for more, begging even harder.
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Puppy
    I also noticed that last week, when visiting my sister for a day, Jake did NOT help himself to her dogs' food (they free-feed). He eats his kibble (Canidae Pure Sky), treats, and several other things readily enough. Maybe Beneful didn't smell like food to his now-spoiled nose...

My goats are the same way. They want what they want and that's it. I keep trying to explain to them that they are goats but they're not having any of it.

House Broken
    That's funny. My Shadow will eat almost any thing, almost, he will only eat bread if it has touched something more tasty like a burger or sandwich meat.

HaHa! Too funny. The only thing Sam doesn't like are pretzels. He curls his lip up and spits them out. It makes us laugh every time. Yesterday we took a walk in the park. Sam came up with a mouthful of leaves and it seemed like he was eating them. We couldn't figure out what he was doing eating leaves. I reached into his mouth to grab them out and my hand came out smelling like peanut butter. Guess he found a discarded sandwich. Yummy - not!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

Georgia, I shuddered as I was reading the sentence, "I reached into his mouth to grab them out and my hand came out smelling like ......" That's the worst part of reaching into your dog's mouth to pull something out, not knowing what you're hand is going to smell like! Lucky it was only peanut butter!

LOL, Hemi likes it hot too. I love Thai food, the hotter the better. Occasionally I spill some on my shirt. Hemi will see it and made sure to get it. The only time Hemi didn;t eat something was I dropped a piece of baby spinach on the floor. He looked at it, looked at me and was like no way thats a trap. For years you been telling me don't eat leaves. Now you drop one right in front of me. I decided I wasn't going to force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by smartrock View Post
    You know how sriracha comes in these huge bottles that you won't use in the next 10 years?
    Hey I go through one of those every 3-4 months.

No no, you have it all wrong, they only eat everything you don't want them to eat silly.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos