Kittens Get Raw Chicken Necks for Supper

So funny. Oban had some in his supper so I dropped three for Lexi, Lucy and Derri. Lexi, the mother who lived wild for about 2 years, turned her nose up so Oban got it. Lucy, inside since the age of 9 days and never exposed to wild food, instantly became a primal, wild feline. She growled at Derri and hunkered away to a corner to chaw away at hers till it was all gone. Then she tried to get Derri's, Derri hopped through the cat hole in the kitchen gate, unfortunately right into Oban's path and he scarfed up hers up too.

That was last night. I did it again tonight and the two kittens settled down happily to gnaw at the necks and this time Derri stayed in the kitchen. They had a dish of cat food available but chose the raw. They've had bits of raw this and that all along but I was fascinated to see them choose the necks. It must be a lot more work for them to eat the neck of an animal that I suppose was close to them in size.

Plus, I feel really special. Lucy growled at Derri and Oban but not at me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

sheltieluver (10-26-2014)

My cats love chicken hearts. My older cats are weird when I gave them raw. They smelled it walked away. Gammie who I statted as a kitten on raw eats anything and everything somtimes I think he is part lab. I never tried chicken necks tho.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos