Thread: score!!!!

score!!!!

I get a phone call today from my local pet store a small store that sells high eND dog food and treats. They called saying that they have a bag of the food I feed that was damaged on the truck and they can't sell it but if I wanted it since they know I feed it they will give it to me 20 percent off the bag.

There is nothing wrong with the food just the bag tore. Thought it was nice of them to call. Then I go to pay for it and I got 10 percent off with my points!!! Double score!!!

That is a great score! It is really nice to have a good relationship with a pet/feed store, this is a perfect example.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Senior Dog
    I hate to put a downer on this but is it still 100% sealed?

If it's not sealed then it definitely shouldn't be sold and more importantly not fed to a dog, ever! Unless you can guarantee that the tear happened close to the point of sale and in the shop. As soon as air gets in a bag of kibble it can become rancid very quickly, especially if it's not resealed.

it was just the outer part of the bag the rest of the bag was intact trust me I looked before I bought it, but you do make a good point.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

Georgie (11-04-2014)

Best Friend Retriever LucyTudeOn4Feet's Avatar
    I know you feel like you got a good deal, and it was, in a way. But you know they charged you 80% of something they refused delivery on and didn't pay one red cent for, right? They did the truck driver a favor by taking it off his hands, because ordinarily, it would be on him to get rid of it at his time, effort and possibly expense, even though it was probably damaged by the forklift while loading the truck at the plant or DC.

Oh I know but for me it was a good deal since I needed food and I got it for 47 instead of 60.

House Broken
    Not to detract from your score but if they couldn't sell it- then why wasn't it free?

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos