Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm a foster Mom!!!!

Lacie is a new member of the house hold!!!! Shes a little fearful so we are taking it slow. Shes a little growly with Gauge but he just wants to play with her. When hes laying down she will start to play but then he gets rammy again and she will snap. I think it will just take some time for her to ajust. If any foster people have any tips please feel free to share. This is my first time with dogs I think its much harder than doing my kittens.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

bearbuddymarie (11-10-2014)

Congratulations and thank you for taking care of the sweet girl
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Congratulations! Thanks for fostering. Gauge looks ecstatic about having a new playmate. Lacie is adorable.
    Hidden Content

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

Congrats and thanks for fostering. She is really cute with her four white feet and expressive face.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

Gauge looks happy. He looks like he thinks Christmas came early and she's his present.

How old is Lacie? Guess at breed mix?

Lacie is 6 months old or just shy of. Her mom was a black lab her dad was a blue nosed pit. She is very fearful but sweet when she warms up . She doesn't quite like gauge yet. Gauge is too much puppy for her and hes so ecited and expects her to want to play. She will start to play with him when hes calm and is laying down but then he wants to rough house and she snaps at him. I'm kind of letting her correct him which normally I won't let a puppy correct the adult but he needs to learn what she will tolerate and what she wont. Hes very summissive and takes cues well so hes getting better. Right now we are learning the rules and NILF training has started. The shelter free fed her so shes learning that food gets put down in the morning for 20 mins then pulled and she gets nothing til dinner other then when shes training she gets treats.

Congratulations, she is a cutie! I love the look on Gauge's face.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Senior Dog
    Gauge does look extra-excited, LOL! I haven't fostered myself but what my fostering friends have reported, it sounds like you're on the right track: getting Lacie used to a stable routine and smoothing out her manners. Keep posting photos!
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Thank you so much for helping Lacie along the road to her furever home. I think you are doing the right thing for both Lacie and Gauge; both will learn. I know you know, just be sure they are supervised.

She's such a doll.

Puppy
    I love fostering dogs! She's not fond of rough play, it seems. My black lab, Ziva, is like that. My yellow mix, Raleigh, is rough: his favorite play is using his nose, or body, as a battering ram! You don't say how many dogs you have, but my experience with adding a second dog to the household was not quite what I expected. There is a change in the dynamic! Younger pup (runt of the litter, mind you) is a combination of brashness and insecurity! Very jealous of attention to the senior dog. My older black lab always gets the seniority: fed first, petted first, in and out of the car first. If Gauge is secure, maybe this won't matter. I've fostered multiple pups now, and having an adult dog made it fairly easy. Being in a small community, we often encounter our former fosters when we're out on walks. You're giving this little girl the stability and security she needs to be successful in life!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos