House Broken

flea treatment question

We are struggling with fleas and will be giving our home a good spraying, as well as the dog and cats Frontline treatments. This may be a silly question, but is it better to give the Frontline the night before we spray, so it will be working by then? Or as close as possible to the same time? Thanks for any answers even if you say I'm being ridiculous!

You might want to look into using Diatomaceous earth instead of chemicals. In my opinion it does a better job and it wont hurt the animals. And I don't think it matters when you use the frontline.

If you are struggling with fleas, you will need to spray the house once a week for at least 3 weeks.

Definitely apply Frontline on the dog immediately if he/she is not protected already!
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Berna For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (11-12-2014)

Check with your Vet and carefully read the product instructions. Treating the house and the pets might end up giving the pets a double dose and that might be dangerous to the animals.

I did frontline same day I sprayed. Just remember that even tho you put frontline on you still may be seeing fleas it doest mean it's not working just that new fleas from the enviroment are jumping on it takes 12 to 24 hours for frontline to kill the adult flea.

I switched my dogs to trifexis which starts killing them in 30 mins and I never found a flea or flea dirt on them since switchig. However my cats on frontline I still was finding fleas maybe a few a day.

I would spray then spray again in 2 weeeks. I would vacumme everyday for a while. Make sure you empty the bag outside. Otherwise you will just be re infesting your house. I cut up a fLea collar and put in my vacumme.

Frontline doesn't always work. If you have been using it and still have fleas you may have to try another product. Frontline and Advantix did not work for us.
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

House Broken
    I too have second thoughts about Frontline too. But when we have had a real bad flea problem, sometimes it seems like nothing works. My vet is confident about Frontline, so we wind up back to using it again. Thank you for the replies.

I remember when Frontline first came out, it was recommended to use it EVERY OTHER month and that is what we did and it always worked. Then all of a sudden they were telling you to use it EVERY month and it doesn't even work as well. I wonder if someone got smart and realized if they diluted it and made us buy it every single month, they would make more money. Me and my conspiracy theories....
    Last edited by Bridget; 11-13-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: thought of something else

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos