Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Dog

What does your lab prefer?

I have been looking at some lovely big cushion dog beds on Etsy but wonder whether dogs like sleeping on these big cushions. My lab has always preferred lying on the carpet and if its really hot then lying on the cold tiles. Naturally my bed is the ultimate preference, particularly at night. I bought a foam dog mattress years ago but it's never been used.

What does your dog like to sleep on? Does anyone have a lab that likes to sleep on these big cushions/mattresses on the floor? Or is it more a small dog thing? Or maybe it's a climate thing, more for colder places?

Edited to add: how could I forget the main place to sleep during the day: the couch!!
    Last edited by Georgie; 11-18-2014 at 07:40 PM.

I have a couple Molly Mutt duvet covers, and I just stuff old blankets/clothes in them. They lay on them just fine, when the couch is not available

Zoey prefers the couch or my bed but she uses the dog beds as well on occasion

Luna prefers the couch or our bed. Once in a while she uses her dog bed. She has one with bolsters. She doesn't really use her foam mattress bed. She'll also sleep in the Papasan or on the cold floor. She sleeps everywhere, really.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Sofa, my bed, carpet, or one of three dog beds. One bed is a bolstered foam bed. The other is a raised Kuranda bed which they like best with a cushion on it but will lie on the fabric too. The last dog bed is actually a crate cushion just tossed on the floor.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

We had a dog bed for Mocha, but he really didn't use it. He'll lay on the floor (carpet or tile). He loves the couch or my chair so he can put his chin up on the arm. He tries to lay between my and DH's chairs so that if we get up, he'll know

We have a couple of foam mattress dog beds that the dogs lie on, a Kuranda bed, rugs, floor, whatever. Chase seems to especially like the Kuranda bed but the one he sleeps on in the bedroom is a memory foam mattress and he stays on it all night. Lark is in a crate at night so she doesn't get to choose what to sleep on. Mine are not allowed on furniture or beds, so it's dog beds or the floor for them.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Lola loves sleeping on her Costco bed. Sometimes she's half on the bed and half on the hardwood floor. She also spends a good amount of time sleeping on the carpet or in her portable crate that has a really lightweight bolster bed. Lola isn't much of a couch dog or a cuddler, but every once in a while she'll express some interest in sitting on the couch.
    Hidden Content

Just another day at the beach.....

Senior Dog
    The dog beds are Orvis indoor/outdoor with an extra fake-Sherpa pad...Sunnie uses those or one of our beds. Danny uses those, our beds, or upholstered chairs. I can't remember the last time either one of them slept on the floor.

Best Friend Retriever xracer4844's Avatar
    I have a costco bed beside the couch - its just a square pad no bolsters - he will lay on it if I'm cleaning, I can tell him to lay on his bed and he wont leave it (like a place) or if I give him a night time treat like a sweet potato or kong or something he automatically runs with it in his mouth with his head up in the air and then places it on his bed to enjoy. We have a massive couch that is really really deep and the middle cushion is his...in between us. I really like the orvis beds - if I was to buy one, I would probably get one with bolsters. When he sleeps on the couch he curls into the corner between the back and arm rest and he puts his head on the arm rest and looks out the window.

I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BUY THIS ONE BUT I JUST DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR IT ANYWHERE!!!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos