Puppy

Chocolate Lab, Male has been orphaned, needs a loving home

Hello folks,

I new to this board, but really need some help. I have a friend whose brother has passed & really needs to rehome his Lab. He's about 60+ pounds, very sweet, male, I'm going to say he's neutered, I believe he's UTD on immunizations, as Labs are, he's great w/everyone. He's been well cared for & I'm certain he is missing his human companion. He lives in Charles County, MD. I am trying to ensure a good home for him versus a shelter, I'd be more than willing to take him, but I have 5 of my own. Is it possible to reach out to this entire website to share this situation? I sure would appreciate it. Attempting to upload a file of either jpeg, jpg, gif, small file & it gives the error message of This is not a valid image file, what am I doing wrong?

You don't have enough posts to add a photo yet. Have you tried contacting the Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac (LRCP)? They have a large adoption organization. I don't know what their capacity is for taking new pups, but worth a try.

Available Labs
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

agree contact some rescues, not just lab rescues but all breed rescues and ask for help. They have experience and ability to properly screen home sto ensure his next home is his forever home.

Thank you for stepping up to help this poor pup. Agree, call local rescues. Another is CAWL - Calvert Animal Rescue League, Calvert County, the Potomac area. Don't know how far they are from you.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos