Puppy shoppers/ buyers-- great info!

I think it's time to revive some old threads after spending hours yesterday going thru my puppy wait list to find the same old, same old.... "Oh we got a puppy 3 months ago!" or "we're getting one from" xyz this weekend... xyz is a known BYB to the rest of us who likely helped these people. Suffice to say, I find people to be inconsiderate at best to not at least notify the breeder/s they were "dying for" a puppy from as I may have turned away several in the meantime to save their place on my "list". People seem to be extremely impatient in their quest for a dog anymore. That may not be a big sin in the scheme of things, but guess what, many of these folks wasted a lot of my time in emails back and forth, and possibly even a home visit when I was juggling work or other activities to accommodate their visit. Just a vent, folks! I am now understanding why some breeders are requiring a $50 deposit to just get on their wait list-- something I find a little disturbing and impractical, personally.

Anyhow, for those who may be searching for a lab, here is a good thread though not saved in its entirety, unfortunately. Puppy Buyer Etiquette
    Anne
    Hidden Content
    The WindyCanyon Girls (taken Summer 2018)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC (14.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Ruby Pink BN CD RA CC (4.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Kanzi BN CDX RE JH (5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon ItsOnlyMoneyHoneycrisp BN RN CC (16mos)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Pippin BN RI CC (2.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RE JH CC (10.5 yrs)
    IntCH HIT WindyCanyon's Kiku A Fuji Too CDX RE JH CC (10 yrs)

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to windycanyon For This Useful Post:

Adirondack Labs (12-02-2014), Archie (11-21-2014), barry581 (11-20-2014), dogmom (11-20-2014), emma_Dad (11-20-2014), LabLady101 (11-21-2014), Laura (11-20-2014), POPTOP (11-20-2014), Scoutpout (11-20-2014), Tanya (11-20-2014)

It's our culture of instant gratification. It's also unfortunate that to most people, a Lab is a Lab. They really don't take the time to learn and understand what goes into breeding a quality puppy, and the differences between a well bred and poorly bred pup. It's only after the fact, or when problems arise that they learn the difference. It's sadly what drives puppy mills and back yard breeders.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

windycanyon (11-20-2014)

^x2.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos